• 07-27-2006
    calzonical
    Dean Ace - anyone waiting for Ace or Baja
    Just curious if there are other Dean Ace seat stays turning from black to purple.
    Attachment 183633<p> John @ Dean was surprised by this sight, and was quick to resolve this issue. I should have the bike back next week with beautiful Black Seat Stays. I can not say enough good things about the folks at Dean Cycles. Keep up the great customer support. :thumbsup:
  • 07-27-2006
    20_bandh
    Hm, very odd. Did he say what the cause of the problem was?
  • 07-27-2006
    calzonical
    John had no answer for the cause, since Dean only preps the stays for the Anodizer. The anodizing is performed by a different company.
  • 09-13-2006
    calzonical
    ...Doe Dee Doe....

7 weeks have past and still waiting for the seat stays to arrive from the Anodizer.

Just curious - Anyone waiting to receive their Ace or Baja from Dean?
  • 09-13-2006
    Crash_FLMB
    That stinks dude. How old is your ride? I know I couldn't be w/o my Ace for that long.
  • 09-13-2006
    calzonical
    The Ace is a 2005 - The rear triangle was replaced Nov 2005 - turned purple sometime before Feb 2006
  • 09-15-2006
    calzonical
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hooray for Black Seat Stays
    Well, after 7 weeks and many phone calls; my Dean Ace is home again. Just look at those BLACK seat stays. I wonder when the stays will turn purple again....I'm guess after the first long ride (4hrs+) on a bright sunny day - UV 11 day :cool:

Attachment 196496
  • 09-16-2006
    sparst
    congrats on your new stays! though i kinda dig the purple ones.... maybe purple's the next pink??