Custom aluminum hardtail on the way.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Custom aluminum hardtail on the way.

I'll post pic's as she progresses.
    RTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sweet!

I hope Jeff doesn't mind you pinching his tubes!
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine
    Sweet!

I hope Jeff doesn't mind you pinching his tubes!
    Those are'nt pinched Warwick, they're legit, besides, the only things I pinch are nipples, and butts, And never Jeff's.....................

RTW.

mtbr member
    Looks cool Rick, so what type of riding will this baby be for?

mtbr member

Cross Country riding

I am going to use it for Cross Country riding and general usage when I am not on my Intense Uzzi, 6.6 or Tazer HT...Just something different away from the big hit, squishy and the Tazer HT...No hucking on the HT, right Rick? LOL!

mtbr member
    Sounds great!

mtbr member

Rtw

Rick, I was curious, the small frame behind your jig table, is that a BMX or a small Trials frame? It must be nice to have such a wide asortment of frames and bikes at you disposal, looks like you're pretty well stocked, how does your new hardtail you made ride? It looks pretty sweet. Maybe next year if I go to Cali again I'll be sure to leave room for the bikes and we can go rip it up California style. One more time I just have to brag on how cool you guys company is and nice everyone was there, keep up the good work. Ride On- E2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyrad
    I am going to use it for Cross Country riding and general usage when I am not on my Intense Uzzi, 6.6 or Tazer HT...Just something different away from the big hit, squishy and the Tazer HT...No hucking on the HT, right Rick? LOL!
    Whatever you do, don't paint it red and slap on red tires. Please, my eyes are still sore from the McUzzi.

mtbr member

Ok...The McUzzi tires are long gone

After a few rides and tons and tons of jokes from all of my riding buddies the red Michelins are long gone and have been replaced with the same Michelins on my other bikea...They are long gone...I still have the McDeeMax's though...I got black grips too...I didn't really think it would look that outrageous until it was all together....Long Live the McUzzi...

BTW...The new XC is going to be red....But no red tires or components other than Magura Marta's!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Rick, I was curious, the small frame behind your jig table, is that a BMX or a small Trials frame? It must be nice to have such a wide asortment of frames and bikes at you disposal, looks like you're pretty well stocked, how does your new hardtail you made ride? It looks pretty sweet. Maybe next year if I go to Cali again I'll be sure to leave room for the bikes and we can go rip it up California style. One more time I just have to brag on how cool you guys company is and nice everyone was there, keep up the good work. Ride On- E2
    Hey Eric !!
    How are you ?
    That frame behind the table is a project i started about 6 weeks ago in the Urban/DJ/Park forum. I went in there and asked, if you could make a frame with a custom builder, what would you make, and stated I would make whatever the group decided, well what an experience.
    It is an Urban/DJ type. The kids wanted true 15'' stays that could hold a 26x2.2, low lines, and one guy came up with a dropout concept that put the axle behind the stays. So, I came up with the '' 10-74 ''.
    I'm getting it heat treated next week, powdercoated hot rod orange, and I'm going to spare no expense building it up. Then, I'm going to give one to one of the kids who participated, but have not decided which one yet. I also am going to build a few to sell.
    I'm starting to build frames, but I don't want to '' produce '' frames, just custom, nothing cookie cutter.
    Here are a few pics of the Urban, and my HT ( which kicks it with the 15 3/4'' stays ).
    Anytime you want to ride when your here, just let me know.
    Good to hear from you, take care,
    Rick.
    Last edited by rickthewelder; 10-05-2006 at 08:20 PM.

mtbr member

Badass!!!!

Rick I would love to buy one from you, just let me know when you get enough made to spare and let me know what they will run, I love my STP, but it would totally rock to have one of your custom frames.
    We have a guy working for us now who I used to work for part time @ Javelin(he's the founder of Javelin) and he has the hookup on getting frames made, he used to build them himself in North Little Rock and then sold his machine pieces and welding equipment, and started farming his work out over seas, so he had the capapbilities to get a frame made pretty cheaply, but he would have to get X number of them built, we toyed around with a few ideas and then abondoned the ideas later, I have a front triangle, that was a proto type that never quite got finished hanging in my garage. But even with a cheap frame that may look good there is nothing like having a frame made by a person you have met and who has a real interest in what he is doing. i would love to have a hardtail made by you so keep me posted. Ride On- E2

mtbr member
    E2, friendly advice, next time I'd probably think through what you're about to type before you type it.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

mtbr member
    Thylacine, was it really that bad...i guess it's got a little ramble to it. But thanks. I used to work part time for him, he sold out of his business(Javelin) and now he works @ our store, and he used to make frames but not anymore. Bottom line is I want a frame from Rick, not Taiwan. I started typing that after drinking a Monster and got a little trigger happy with the keyboard Ride On- E2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine
    E2, friendly advice, next time I'd probably think through what you're about to type before you type it.
    Thank you !

mtbr member

Progress

Ready for heat treat.
    My next project will be a single pivot D/S with 7'' of travel.
    I'll post pic's.
    RTW.

mtbr member

Ready to ship

All done.

mtbr member

Awesome!

Rick, the finished product turned out great. That's for Joel right? Ride On- E2

mtbr member

Yay!

Eric - Yes sir that is my XC ride! Can't wait to get it built and ride it!

mtbr member

Sweet New ride

Sparky that thing rocks....you lucky dawg. E

Members who have read this thread: 0