Crazy Freds New Nicolai Fr- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    303

    Crazy Freds New Nicolai Fr

    Here at last pictures will speak for themselves
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    lazy piston
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    373
    Cool! Dig those wheels!

    What size is the frame? What's the final weight?

  3. #3

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105
    Very nice indeed Crazy Fred, that is one beautiful looking ride.

    ziegi

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,797

    More pictures coming soon..

    Quote Originally Posted by Smith
    Cool! Dig those wheels!

    What size is the frame? What's the final weight?
    The frame is a Med.and the weight is 33.I rode it yesterday and its just unlike ANY OTHER RIDE OUT THERE,and I can say that because I've owned and or riden almost everything that is considered to be the bike to own.I just need to dial in the DHX air a little more,but that will come in time.I'll be taking a bunch of pictures later of the FR and my CC which was bilt brand new just 4 months ago.It was not till I got the FR home and put it side by side with my CC did I realize WOW I am one lucky mofo two brand new Nicolai's.They are both set up almost exactly the same.Till then peace CF..

  5. #5
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,683
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    The frame is a Med.and the weight is 33.I rode it yesterday and its just unlike ANY OTHER RIDE OUT THERE,and I can say that because I've owned and or riden almost everything that is considered to be the bike to own.I just need to dial in the DHX air a little more,but that will come in time.I'll be taking a bunch of pictures later of the FR and my CC which was bilt brand new just 4 months ago.It was not till I got the FR home and put it side by side with my CC did I realize WOW I am one lucky mofo two brand new Nicolai's.They are both set up almost exactly the same.Till then peace CF..
    All good Crazy F, stoked for ya bro, am loving the Nucleon, oh you should have gone for a GBoxx. Enjoy that new steed, great feeling......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  6. #6
    Err
    Err is offline
    Calm like a bomb
    Reputation: Err's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,539
    Very Nice!

    Diggin' the look of the Spinergy's. Looks like a solid build all the way around.

    No chain guide?

  7. #7
    CAO
    CAO is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    497
    That rig is not going to fly stealth with those wheels... What is it about these frames that so many of us by a second with in a year of our first Nicolai?

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    The frame is a Med.and the weight is 33.I rode it yesterday and its just unlike ANY OTHER RIDE OUT THERE,and I can say that because I've owned and or riden almost everything that is considered to be the bike to own.I just need to dial in the DHX air a little more,but that will come in time.I'll be taking a bunch of pictures later of the FR and my CC which was bilt brand new just 4 months ago.It was not till I got the FR home and put it side by side with my CC did I realize WOW I am one lucky mofo two brand new Nicolai's.They are both set up almost exactly the same.Till then peace CF..
    In the ride and feel, what differences do you feel between the CC and the FR? Do they have similar feels, despite different missions?

  9. #9
    a tight kick sound
    Reputation: boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,812
    DAMN!!!
    Ohhh how I do miss my helius FR. Such an awesome frame
    That baby looks super tight CF you are gonna love it.
    Let's get some more pics of the ride time when you get a chance bro. Maybe even in our own forum...hint..hint...anyone?
    Maybe you could post up some thoughts on how she rides compared to other frames you have had.
    BTW, keep fiddling with that dhx air...once you get it set right it kick A ss on that frame. I loved it!!

    Nice work guys

    ohh, and where the hell is my jersey???

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,797

    Here we go..

    Quote Originally Posted by CAO
    That rig is not going to fly stealth with those wheels... What is it about these frames that so many of us by a second with in a year of our first Nicolai?
    Rather to rip you like I would do on any other day of the week I'll try something different for once(and only once)Do you care to explain your comment"THAT RIG IS NOT GOING TO FLY STEALTH WITH THOSE WHEELS" Because not only will it fly stealth with these wheels,IT ALL READY HAS.Do you know anything about these wheels(or think you do)that would make saysuch a bone head comment?Let me guess you had a pair of Spinergy's back in the 90's so they suck right?Not only because I'm a Spokes person/Sponsored rider for Spinergy,do I say these wheels rock,If I had to pay for them I'd rock'em over I9's all day long.I've got three bikes all runing these wheels and Id not have it any other way.These are the new 07 Enduros 24 spoke from Spinergy(new for 07)any one who needs info or just has questions about these or any other Spinergy product please shoot me a PM.CAO again in trying to remain nice for the love of Nicolai and its proudfull owner's,do you really think that someone who is smart enough to own a Nicolai would put anything less than [email protected] REAL components on it? Look for a new thread with pictures of both the FR and the CC on the DH freeride forum.Thanks for the kind words guys Peace CF.

  11. #11
    CAO
    CAO is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    497
    Guess it's go time...since your a rep for the company and some how took offense to a comment on how nice the wheels stand out. Nothing against a little bling, heck you must have missed the pics of my last set. They simply stand out against your flat black 'lai and all your other components. We can leave out my experiences with Spinergy, they have been out of our market for a while and I will evaluate them on the merits of their new product and customer support. Does the experience need to start with an edge? Lots of us 'lai riders like to try out new products and aren't afraid to give a negative or positive review if warranted. That's why I would like to get a forum for us. Looking forward to a ride report and pics from you.

  12. #12
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Now that's a GREAT lookin bike CF!!! As JC mentioned, how does it compare with the CC? Aside from the obviouse.



    Oh! and mabye that dude meant that those wheels really "stand out"?

  13. #13
    CAO
    CAO is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Oh! and mabye that dude meant that those wheels really "stand out"?
    Thanks BA, guess is need to type out what I really meant. Guess it's time for me to return to the Titus and Ventana forums.

  14. #14
    a tight kick sound
    Reputation: boone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by CAO
    Thanks BA, guess is need to type out what I really meant. Guess it's time for me to return to the Titus and Ventana forums.

    oooo, nooooo!
    GFB don't do that
    CAO- CF get's a little uptight some times, don't take offense. He is like this to everyone...

    CF- chill bro...all CAO meant was that those wheels will catch a lot of attention cause that
    are bright and flashy compared to that slick steathy black frame Not makin any digs on ya!

  15. #15

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    105
    Hi Guys,

    I was out on my FR today after the small changes i made to the weight yesterday. Since i've been riding the CC for 6 months now i was intrigued to see how i'd find the FR. You know what, i prefer the CC ! It's all the bike you need for 2 wheels on the ground CC/AM stuff, the BB on the FR feels soo high now, i felt as if i was perched up there rather than part of the bike like I am with my CC. You could've blown me away. I never expected to feel this way but, i do.

    I guess it's all down to what you wanna do with it huh ?

    Still, Nics are the BEST

    ziegi :-)

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: btf95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    120

    more pics

    check this thread out. More pics

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=286983

  17. #17
    lazy piston
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by ziegi
    the BB on the FR feels soo high now, i felt as if i was perched up there rather than part of the bike like I am with my CC.
    BTW if the high BB is your only concern, you could use the BB height/head angle adjustment that this frame has. Just unbolt the front shock mount plates and move them forward one or two holes. Just make sure that in the new setting the rear tire does not hit the seat tube under full compression.

  18. #18
    trail fairy
    Reputation: trailadvent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,546
    Sweet rigs CF
    Enjoy dude, the flat black is the new black

    Speccs of each, I can tel most but still nice to hear the package
    cheers bud

    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

    MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

    Leatt FAQs


  19. #19
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,356
    saw these rockets on busted spoke... VERY nice!

    but seriously man, you need to chill Crazy Fred! The dude above was giving you a compliment and you rip his throat out like you were afraid he was going to make fun of your bike or something... c'mon, not everyone here is out to get you, we're just throwin' props on a primo build! well, not just one primo build, but two doubled-up Grade A prime cuts.
    Schralp it Heavy.

  20. #20
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,787
    sweet new ride CF!

    Congrats!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,797

    Me chill out?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Now that's a GREAT lookin bike CF!!! As JC mentioned, how does it compare with the CC? Aside from the obviouse.



    Oh! and mabye that dude meant that those wheels really "stand out"?
    That was chill,I didn't understand his comment so I asked him to explain and he did.Although I'm sure the Titus forum is a better place for him anyway.Thanks for the great reply's,only had one ride so far but it just rocks.As for the Turner Question (and the many rides on my CC) The biggest thing is the stiffness,and how smooth it is.They almost pedal themselves.More to come.

  22. #22
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    That was chill,I didn't understand his comment so I asked him to explain and he did.Although I'm sure the Titus forum is a better place for him anyway.Thanks for the great reply's,only had one ride so far but it just rocks.As for the Turner Question (and the many rides on my CC) The biggest thing is the stiffness,and how smooth it is.They almost pedal themselves.More to come.

    Ummm, sorry?

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.