Cotic. Soul vs. Bfe- Mtbr.com
    fux
    Scooterist

Cotic. Soul vs. Bfe

Anyone on here with a cotic?

I`ve just sold my 6 incher full bounce and wondering what the Bfe feels like compared to the soul?

They havnt got any souls in at the mo which is what I originaly was aiming for, Do you loose the zing of steel on the beefed up Bfe?

Its over a pound heavier but I like the fact that I can fit my old chain tensioner and bashring strieght on the frame. Shame it only comes in grey.

Would love to see pictures of these bikes built up.

fux
    Scooterist
    Forget it!

Im ordering a Soda.

mtbr member
    A bit late but...

I'm a skinny git (140lb) but both my Soul and Soda have put up with a lot of abuse. if you want a pure play/FR bike, the BFe is a better bet, but if you're mostly trail riding plus occasional drops up to the 4 - 6' mark (to tranny!), jumps etc the other 2 will be fine.

I'd love to have BFe as a Park/street bike, but haven't got space. :-(

fux
    Scooterist
    Jon,

How tall are you and what size are your bikes?

As for the BFe, I think it would be overkill and Cy said you loose the steel spring because its pretty overbuilt.

Have you got any pictures? It seems that Cotic`s are few and far between although its nice with a bit of exclusivity.

The thing that appeals to me on the BFe is the fact that you use bolt on chain tensioners.

Ill be setting up mine with 1x9 gears and a bashring. My mtb`s never see tarmac and the trials are quite technical.

I suppose its going to be strange having to pick lines again after owning a 6 incher but im up for the challenge.

I rememberd from my old days that I could ride longer without getting tired on my voodoo d-jab than I could on ally framed hardtails.. Can you feel any difference between your soul and Soda?

mtbr member
    5'10" and medium.

Pics?

Soda

Simple (it was a Soul once, then got Simple-ified by Cy)

I run 2x9 on mine, with as short a chain as I can get away with - have never needed a tensioner.

Can I feel the difference? Yes, but mostly because I ride them back to back. The Soda is a little more supple and loves to air off little roots and stuff, where the Soul is more inclined just to batter through. The distiction is blurred further by the SS setup as they now both weigh the same..

fux
    Scooterist
    I have to say that the Simple`fied soul looks fantastic. Dare I say, even nicer than your soda.

They must be nice bikes considering you have one of each.

I`m 5`7 so Cy said I should so for a small. Ive never trid or seen a Cotic, so I`ll have to go by what he reccomends.

It was a toss up between Dialled`s Prince Albert (I liked the old design better) and 2 souls cycles 41.5 funtail https://2soulscycles.blogspot.com/

Isnt it funny that those who own full sussers think that hardtails are the cheaper alternative? I am looking forward to honing my skills again.

The toughest boys in our group, all ride hardtails.

Although this fella has 2 full sussers, he uses his Cove Hummer(ti) at least 80% of the time.

Members who have read this thread: 1