coneyo bike questions- Mtbr.com

Dec 2006

coneyo bike questions

cant find out all that much about them on the net. i know they used to make them here in arizona but thats about all i can find.

anyway i was offered a 2001 cnoejo fullsuspension. think it was a ap/5 but not sure. anybody have a webiste or detains about them. i was told it can go from 3.5 inches of travel in the rear to 6.5. also will it hold up to my 250 lbs self. mostly allmountain kind of stuff. not to worried about weight. mor strength

he said $500 for the complete bike. anybody have any pics and any info would be great

mtbr member

Rip

I lost track of Conejo a couple years ago. They either started making Harley parts or were sold to a company that did and they didn't change anything on the bikes. They had 4 models and 3 of them had a craxy pivot point half way up the seat tube but the 4th had a comparativly low pivot; if this bike has the pivot somewhere close to the middle ring it's the good one and would be a good deal but check close for cracks becausr you can't get replacement parts as far as I know.

mtbr member

Conejo

Conejo bikes moved part of its operation to California a few years ago. They have since stopped making bicycles as their motorcycle and aerospace business required all of their time. Conejo is just shelved for the time as they plan to make more bikes later when the glut of mass production settles. As for their bikes, they were all hand built and available in aluminum or titanium. The bike you were probably offered is an AP/5At if it has the adjustable rear swing arm. Conejo built a awsome product, but due to too much BS and other builders that liked to copy ideas (they know who they are!) Conejo pulled the plug and shelved the bike designs, Trademarks, and Patents for an undisclosed time. If you have a question just post on this web site and someone will respond>.....>..>>..

Dec 2006
    well i found and ap/5 frame for 350$ and was wondering if i should go for it. i ride prety agressive trail riding. nothing more then 5 footers to flat occasionally. im also a clydesdale(250) so i guess im asking if it will hold up to me

mtbr member
    If the frame set has riveted on cable guides, then it is a very early Easton tubed frame set that was manufactured by Titus Titanium about 8-9 years ago. You don't want that frame!
    If it has welded on cable guides, an offset triangle shock mount, gusset under shock mount, and a dual head tube gusset. Then it is a Conejo manufactured frame set that is well worth more than the asking price. It would be 6061 alcoa straight gage tubing, in house machined bottom bracket shell-shock plates-swingarm plates- and drop outs. If it has a all round tube swing arm it is very early production 6-7 years old. If it has a round and rectangular tubed swing arm with a changable derailluer hanger. Then it is the updated design and the latest produced 5yrs to present. Conejo is pronounced (co'ney'o)
    Hope this helps!

Members who have read this thread: 0