Which color is Raspberry Metallic?- Mtbr.com
    Transplant

Which color is Raspberry Metallic?

OK so I had my thought process working hardcore and after seeing the EVO pictured with Raspberry Metallic paint, I knew that was the color I wanted. Now I see happy_ending is buying a XCL in raspberry metallic and the color looks totally different. There is no way they are the same color so which color is 'Raspberry Metallic'? Here are the two pics side by side:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    I believe the bike in the top image is the Candy Red. Here's the color swatch I have for Raspberry Metallic. The colors really do change depending on the light you're in (and camera you're using!).

mtbr member
    Here is candy red.

mtbr member
    Forgot to hit upload..here goes.

Surfing trails
    The EVO pictured on the van rack is black, not raspberry. I spoke with Alan a couple weeks ago about the red and he told me their powder-coater decided not to use the raspberry paint (had a quality issue with the paint) and all the red frames will be the Candy Red that you have pictured there on that XCL. He didn't rule out the Raspberry Metallic for the future, but my understanding was it won't be used anytime soon. You can see the EVO in Candy Red on CHUMBA's site.

Transplant
    The EVO doesn't look purpleish to you? I guess I will have to see it in person to tell what color it is. Don't really care for the Candy Red so that is kind of a bummer that Raspberry got lost in the shuffle.

mtbr member

here's a raspberry metallic evo that i had before switching it for laguna seca blue.

Surfing trails
    Wow that Raspberry frame is gorgeous!! I ordered one but they sent me the Candy Red and explained the color issue noted in the post above. Now I have a Black EVO and a Candy Red EVO in stock and I must say that the Candy Red is very nice in person! Very glossy!!

Members who have read this thread: 0