Coil Shock?

Printable View

• 08-30-2007
    Twister
    Coil Shock?
    Does anybody run a coil (like a DHX or Van, etc.) on their XCL?

If so, how's it work? Do you like it?
  • 08-30-2007
    dubjay
    I know Ted has a Cane Creek Double Barrel on his XCL and he loves it.

I think most people on XCLs are more likely to stick to air shocks due to the weight savings, so you might not see too many out there.
  • 08-31-2007
    Mudmanner
    I havent seen anyone with one in person, but that would be great if not for the weight. My bike came in at 33.5 Ibs using a DHX air and Pike coil fork. Hopefully this extra weight pays off when it comes to the durability part.

Someone is currently trying to talk me into an EVO.;)
  • 08-31-2007
    chucko58
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dubjay
    I know Ted has a Cane Creek Double Barrel on his XCL and he loves it.

Oh really? Tell me more. It's a heavy and pricey shock, but it looks like The Answer for those of us not satisfied with the DHX Air.
  • 08-31-2007
    geolover
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chucko58
    Oh really? Tell me more. It's a heavy and pricey shock, but it looks like The Answer for those of us not satisfied with the DHX Air.

Chucko, you should take a look at the Roco TST coil as well. It is a killer shock. EZ to adjust and uber plush. I use it on my big bike and I love it. Plus, even with a Ti spring it's cheaper than the CCDB...and PUSH serviceable. :thumbsup:
  • 08-31-2007
    scruffylooking
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chucko58

Dubjay and I spun around on it the other day. Mostly pavement and grass. My one comment: supple and smooooooth compared to the DHX A for the low speed stuff. I think he had a Ti spring on it, too.