Chumbie Goes To Whislter!- Mtbr.com
    Trophy Husband

Chumbie Goes To Whislter!

I went to Whistler last weekend and decided to ride some of the fabled XC valley trails. So I loaded up the XCL and headed up to do some exploring.

I rode A River Runs Through It and Cheap Thrills. They are both black diamond XC trails and loads of fun. RRTI is in the lower valley and is relatively flat, but rooty with lots of man-made technical trail features. I had the 36Talas in 130mm mode and the XCL ate this trail up. I'm still getting used to the lower BB height, but I'm loving the 32 pounds (feather light for me).

I then had a long climb to the top of Cheap Thrills and I dropped the fork to 100mm. Climbs like a goat on crack.

Cheap Thrills is a very steep loamy and rocky trail. Pucker factor is high. I dialed the fork out to 160mm and let her rip. Great fork and great bike. They make a damn good match.

Only a few pics because, a) I was having too much fun to stop and take pics and b)the mosquitos were terrible...

whistler100sm.JPG
    whistler bike park in the background...
    whistler130sm.JPG

whistler160sm.JPG
    Extreme stationary biker.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet pics, geo!

the XCL looks great!

Just roll it......
    Nice Geo!

Glad to hear the directions worked out for you. Yeah, the mosquito's are going crazy right now. I brought "off" last time up and everyone was applying it as liberally as possible.

The descent on Cheap Thrills is so fun.....I'm shocked that more folks don't ride that trail, but it's a bit hard to navigate and most people are there for the bike park, I suppose. Did you hit Beaver Pass back down to Alta Lake Road or did you go straight across to "ninetyniner" and take a left and head out that way?

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    beautiful!
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Did you hit Beaver Pass back down to Alta Lake Road or did you go straight across to "ninetyniner" and take a left and head out that way?

Cheers,
    EB
    I took Beaver Pass to Alta Lake Road (actually, the second two pics are from Beaver Pass trail)...that was fun too.

Once again, thanks for the heads-up...let me know if you guys come up this way soon.

cheers

Apr 2007
    I can't wait to go there.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by ChumbaJason
    I can't wait to go there.
    You will not be disappointed. Moutnain biking mecca. Whistler has riding for EVERYONE!

If you can bring two bikes and spend time riding the valley trails and the bike park.

BTW, I went to Whistler AGAIN yesterday ...this time hit the bike park on my big bike. Good times...very good times.

Members who have read this thread: 0