Chumbas at Santiago Peak- Mtbr.com
    Made in China
    Jan 2006

Chumbas at Santiago Peak

We decided to take our Chumbas out for some work out.

Trail: Maple Spring to Santiago Peak (highest point in orange county)

Trail location: Orange County, CA

Distance: 23.4 miles

Elevation Gain: 4156ft

Trail type: Fire road

It was great weather out for climbing today, nice and cool around 65-70 degrees. Still very long fire road climb, sorta boring but there are nice loose rocks and very powdery dirt to keep us on our toe. The EVOs climbed great except for my post keeps on slipping down(need to get make the QR tighter). On the way down it was HAMMER TIME!!!!!! Ate up all the loose rocks, boulders and dips like they weren't there. Yeah I know, the EVO was such an over kill for the trail but I LIKE IT LIKE THAT!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

Compulsive Bike Builder

Nice pics

Quote Originally Posted by duke777
    ...very long fire road climb, sorta boring but there are nice loose rocks and very powdery dirt to keep us on our toe...yeah I know, the EVO was such an over kill for the trail but I LIKE IT LIKE THAT!
    Nice ride, one I have done many times. Is that a polished EVO I see in the pics? The XCL I see in the pic is a better choice for that ride, for sure, but once you get the EVO into a nice climbing rhythm it will get you up the hill just fine.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Nice! I wish I could have rode with you guys.

Sep 2004

Hope wow!!!!

nice pics!!!
    nice bikes!!!!!
    do you know of any bike stores out in the bay area that offers demo bikes? you know
    ? so we can take it for a test ride ,the closes i saw was santa cruz,im from clayton,near walnutcreek...

im ENVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    The one with no paint is mine. It has the raw/prototype finish, no polishing or paint at all, fresh off heat treatment. Intense now offer the same unfinished version called the works. Mine is kinda polished in some areas because of rubbing.

If any of you guys want a Chumba in different color/paint I think you can just call chumba to find out the how much for the color you want then ask the dealer to order it that way. I saw a killer american flag paint job on a F4, Ted at Chumba told me it was custom hand air brushed, needless to say it will cost a grip load of money but NICE. If you want the unfinished version I don't think they'll charge you extra.

Lopez: As far as I know SC is the only place to demo a Chumba up north as of right now. I'm sure they are trying to get more demo centers but they are a small shop so it might be worth it/excuse to drive down and ride some of SC's famous trails.
    "Didn't your doctor tell you to stop smoking and drinking?" George Burns "Yes but they all died"

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by williman
    Nice! I wish I could have rode with you guys.

Hey Williman PM me if you want to ride with us some times. We also ride fullerton loop every thursday night with the Chumba guys, if you want to demo a Chumba you can call them a few days ahead so they can bring one out for you to try. You get to ride the whole trail with it not just the parking lot test. It's the best demo ride ever since you can ask them questions and they will also help you with setup.

Sep 2004

thanx

im really desperate for one of those"EVO" but i ran into a real big snag,my child support just went up to 1800, so the dream goes on................
    do you know if someone will finance this bikes????????funny!!!!!!!!!!!
    just want one , you know what i mean.

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdy lopez
    im really desperate for one of those"EVO" but i ran into a real big snag,my child support just went up to 1800, so the dream goes on................
    do you know if someone will finance this bikes????????funny!!!!!!!!!!!
    just want one , you know what i mean.

OUCH! That's a really nicly built EVO every 2 month at retail! Most good bike shops have financing programs via some financing compan

I know the pain too! After test riding the prototype EVO I was SOLD! But it took almost 3 month to make its way into the shop and my hands. Oh the pain of waiting while riding my by then really crappy feeling intense for 3 MONTH!!!!!

One way to save money is maybe ordering and finance from out of state shop to save on tax. I know your LBS won't like that idea.

Sep 2004

thanx as always

thanx for all the info,duke.
    ill find a way...someone out theres got the heart!!!!!!!!!!
    maybe the real riders at chumba?who knows?
    my younger brother who does DH is so sold with them like they were his brothers.nothing but good things about them
    maybe my prayers will be answered....
    sound desperate????????????

Made in China
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdy lopez
    thanx for all the info,duke.
    ill find a way...someone out theres got the heart!!!!!!!!!!
    maybe the real riders at chumba?who knows?
    my younger brother who does DH is so sold with them like they were his brothers.nothing but good things about them
    maybe my prayers will be answered....
    sound desperate????????????

Hey Lopez I hope you are not so tall(over 5:10) because of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Chumba-Raci...QQcmdZViewItem

Sep 2004

Wow!!!!!!!!

DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!
    just the perfect size!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my inseam is 30 and im 5-9
    timing has to be better,
    thanx dude for watchingout,stay KOOL!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE ON!!!!!

Aug 2004
    nice..thanks for the pics...

Members who have read this thread: 0