chumba wumba 7 month SantaCruz- Mtbr.com

Feb 2004

chumba wumba 7 month SantaCruz

okay so i ordered a black ano vpp-free 7 months ago and have yet to see the likes. SO I AM INTERESTED IN CHUMBA WUMBA BUT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM. so i am using the see how many Q's i can get answered method. I am interested in all the models chumba makes except the zulu ds.

1. how much does the following frames wiegh
    ZULU DH -
    F4 DH
    THE HARDTAIL MODEL-what size fork up to 6in

2. does any one recommend any of these bikes.why?

3. does anyone dislike these bikes and why.

4. ALSO are these bikes like more of just strait dh bikes because i want to use them for freeriding mostly.

5. most importantly does anyone know any info on requirements for a bike shop ordering one. My boss has no problem looking into it for me. my shop would prolly only be ordering just one for me though.

7. some pics of the hardtail or any chumbas would be very cool
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Hop on over to www.hcor.net ... those guys ride Chumba's extensively... they'll have really good feedback on them... especially Hcor (Jon) himself.

-Matt
    You in Oklahoma City? If yes, come ride with us.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    7 months?!?! I've been quoted four weeks from thebikeco.com, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Went down to their shop, and they had two black anno's (one frame and one half built for a customer).

Quote Originally Posted by satancruz66
    okay so i ordered a black ano vpp-free 7 months ago and have yet to see the likes. SO I AM INTERESTED IN CHUMBA WUMBA BUT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM. so i am using the see how many Q's i can get answered method. I am interested in all the models chumba makes except the zulu ds.

ZULU DH -
    F4 DH

4. ALSO are these bikes like more of just strait dh bikes because i want to use them for freeriding mostly.

5. most importantly does anyone know any info on requirements for a bike shop ordering one. My boss has no problem looking into it for me. my shop would prolly only be ordering just one for me though.

--Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by satancruz66

ZULU DH -
    F4 DH

I don't know about the weights, but the Zulu is definitely the heavier of the two. The Zulu is a battle tested rig, but is very limited production. To be honest, I'm not sure Chumba is even still producing them... I know that the F4 was to replace it, eventually.

The F4 is the full on, lighter weight race steed. Very nice too.

Your shop would have to contact Chumba directly to get a dealer application, even for one bike. Chumba's are very exclusive bikes... sometimes hard to get, but very nice rigs. I nearly purchased one a year ago, but ended up getting a Turner... I still love those Chumba's though; Nobody does welds quite like them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apr 2007
    Nice