Chumba F5 question....- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Chumba F5 question....

I am experiencing slacks in the F5 bushings, I am very disapointed with the fact that after such a little riding slacks are being felt in the dog bone. Just wondering if it's possible to fit bearings instead of those cheap bushings?

lmx
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bingorider
    I am experiencing slacks in the F5 bushings, I am very disapointed with the fact that after such a little riding slacks are being felt in the dog bone. Just wondering if it's possible to fit bearings instead of those cheap bushings?
    take the chian guide off and tighten the main bearing thats where the slack is...i did it on mine and after two good rides it feels perfect...but i had to take the chain guide off to do it,try also tighten the shock mounting hardware..and the high tensile bolts...on se voit a bromont samedi-dimanche!
    ouin! pas pire.

Apr 2007
    Check main pivot bolt then when looking at the rocker arm test and see if the center pivot bushing is warn. If it is warn we can sent you a new one how many rides are on it?
    What kind of riding do you do? The bearings in the rear are something we have tested. The only problem it adds a lot of weight and it can be bulky. Because it is light and it worked well in all the race testing . It is still being used today. Please PM me with some of the info on how you are using your F5. I can fix it up for you .

J

Members who have read this thread: 0