Chumba EVO AM- Mtbr.com

Thread: Chumba EVO AM

Trophy Husband

Chumba EVO AM

A couple of nice pictures (plus some info) of a red EVO in a press release from another thread. Man, that red looks good!

linky
    Extreme stationary biker.

"Its All Good"
    Cool colour frame Geo. I am really trying hard to like this bike asthetically, hear great things about these bikes. Heavy though, more at the heavy end of the AM arena... Not knocking the bike though

Geo, are you trying to tell us something
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Cool colour frame Geo. I am really trying hard to like this bike asthetically, hear great things about these bikes. Heavy though, more at the heavy end of the AM arena... Not knocking the bike though

Geo, are you trying to tell us something
    I'm not getting an EVO...I already have a bike in it's class. I do have a Chumba XCL on order though. Looks similar to the motolite, but beefier. I haven't decided on the color yet...but I like the red!
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    I'm not getting an EVO...I already have a bike in it's class. I do have a Chumba XCL on order though. Looks similar to the motolite, but beefier. I haven't decided on the color yet...but I like the red!
    Just saw the black XCL and it left my mouth watering dooood.

Man you're gunna be stoked !~!

The Red EVO looks Rad. I like it. Red is pretty Rad as Black ?~!

locked - time out
    Couple questions.

Does the steeper seat tube make a adjustable fork less necesary?
    If you are in the grey area between sizing how willl this affect fit. I tried a SM/MD and it seemed good and the cocpit was just right. Would I need a longer stem now or do I need to try and step up to the MD/LG?

( I belive I'm right on the fence as far as sizing goes.)

Compulsive Bike Builder

I would say...

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Couple questions.

Does the steeper seat tube make a adjustable fork less necesary?
    If you are in the grey area between sizing how willl this affect fit. I tried a SM/MD and it seemed good and the cocpit was just right. Would I need a longer stem now or do I need to try and step up to the MD/LG?
    The new AM EVO is pretty interesting. A drop fork is still a good idea, but not as critical as it was with the original geometry.

If you are in the gray area size wise, get S/M. Due to the uppper seat tube angle, the new geometry is practically a one size fits all. As you extend the seat post, you get more top tube than most bikes at the same time if you can picture that. The new geo proportions work out very nicely with longer posts. I would say you could get a 6 foot guy to fit the S/M, the issue becomes rear bias and how far you are behind the BB.

I went to a very long stem - 120 mm because of the front end wandering issues with the older frame. That is definitely not necessary, but it actually turns the EVO into an ABOVE average climber (in its class) if you want to set it up with lighter tires, wheels, and other components.
    Disclaimer: ComCycle USA

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I have both 06 m/l and 07 s/m

The m/l is only 1/2 longer TT...but the ETT ranges are about an " or so off. WIth the radical SA/ST, I opt for the m/l if you are over 5'9" or maybe 5'10". The TT is short regardless, but I'm sure you'd prefer less post hanging out. Checkout my post on comparing the two years and you'll see the pic of my 06 EVO...the post is way up there.
    Scott Ransom 910/Evil Insurgent/Chromag Primer...always wanting more!!

Members who have read this thread: 0