Chumba customer service!- Mtbr.com

Oct 2007

Good job! Chumba customer service!

I doubt the frame is "old racing stock." It has the latest Fox DHX 5.0 and why can't you just simply run the ser.# ? The info on the original purchaser should be in your system. Any way my point is that all I've ever heard about Chumba's customer service is how great it is but I don't think this Jesterpaw (weird name) guy was treated very well. The bottom line is that Chumba made a mistake when they built that frame and at the very least they should've offered to drill it out for this poor guy. Do the right thing, own your mistakes and make it right. Who cares where the frame came from or how old it is. It's a manufactures defect so no matter what you should offer to fix it period. I do realize that you did respond qickly with all the info needed for the customer to fix it. But I doubt he read the info and said,"Ok, I'll go to Harbor freight and pick this up, then I'll go to Costco and get that, and O' yea Sears for a top of the line compressor. Ok, It's just like porting cylinders on a motor, great cuz I just did one of those last week." You see my point... I am on the verge of 86ing my 2006 Ellsworth Moment for the EVO, American built. I think that the EVO, American built frame is on it's way to becoming an ICON in the six inch all mountain arena. I want to see if Chumba is willing to step up for this guy and be as great with their customer service as they are with building their American frames. It's the little things that will put you on top and set you apart from the rest of the rif-raf. I hope you guys are willing to rethink this one...
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-23-2007 at 09:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Most frame makers' warranties are not transferable with only one exception I can think of. The second purchaser simply doesn't have any recourse with Chumba.. his beef should either be with the seller because he didn't disclose the flaw or with himself because he didn't check it out first.

Oct 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Thank you...

Thank you Mr.Corporate America! First the seller didn't make the mistake on the frame Chumba did. The seller probably didn't know about it because it was new in the box and had never been built. Second neither the seller nor the buyer is employed as a quality controll agent for Chumba and that's just a fun little fact. So I guess What you're saying is that all the second hand Ford Pinto owners were'nt entitled to a recall. I guess those people deserve to go up in flames...
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-23-2007 at 09:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Maybe the seller didn't know but the buyer should have checked. If he didn't then that's his fault.. the warranty is spelled out on Chumba's website. QC issues happen and maybe Chumba will take care of him but that's the pitfall of buying sight unseen.

Case in point.. I have a specialized epic that I bought used from a guy off ebay.. he said it was a warranty replacement that hadn't been ridden "much". I didn't ask the guy to elaborate and I should have. I get the frame in and what do you know.. the lower headset bearing was caked up with dirt and was pretty much shot. Bad karma to him for leaving out that little detail and tough **** on me for not checking up further.

I wonder when it was that people decided that they didn't need to be personally responsible for themselves anymore? How sad.

Oct 2007

New question here. I have an idea...

We have the personal responsibility to expect companys to do the right thing. How hard do you think it would be for Chumba to offer to drill the frame that they messed up in the first place. According to their own response it's something they do all the time.The point I made was that Chumba just needs to rethink this one...
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-14-2007 at 08:03 AM.

I'm living the dream!
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle-bad-touch
    I doubt the frame is "old racing stock." It has the latest Fox DHX 5.0 and why can't you just simply run the ser.# ? The info on the original purchaser should be in your system. Any way my point is that all I've ever heard about Chumba's customer service is how great it is but I don't think this Jesterpaw (weird name) guy was treated very well. The bottom line is that Chumba made a bone-head, brain-fart mistake when they built that frame and at the very least they should've offered to drill it out for this poor guy. So here's a mission statement for ya, (Do the right thing, own your mistakes and make it right.) Who cares where the frame came from or how old it is. It's a manufactures defect so no matter what you should offer to fix it period. I do realize that you did respond qickly with all the info needed for the customer to fix it. But I doubt he read the info and said,"Ok, i'll go to Harbor freight and pick this up, then i'll go to Costco and get that, and O' yea Sears for a top of the line compressor. Ok, It's just like porting cylinders on a motor, great cuz i just did one of those last week." You see my point? I was on the verge of 86ing my 2006 Ellsworth Moment for the EVO, American built. I think that the EVO, American built frame is on it's way to becoming an ICON in the six inch all mountain arena. But now I think I'll wait and see if Chumba is willing to step up for this guy and be as great with their customer service as they are with building their American frames. It's the little things that will put you on top and set you apart from the rest of the rif-raf. I hope you guys are willing to rethink this one...
    I find it odd that at this point you have five posts in three threads doing nothing but flaming Chumba.
    I think it's good to advocate for improvements or to assist in righting a wrong but it seems your intentions are a little more malicious. Maybe more so than Ralph Nader himself.
    It would also seem that you are trolling under the guise of another user name as well.

Oct 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! sure thing...

I'm not "flaming" Chumba I came here becouse I'm wanting a Chumba EVO but I'm not sure about their customer service yet...
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-14-2007 at 08:06 AM.

Apr 2007

I see what you mean.

We offered to exchange the frame with the new am model at cost. That is all we can do with no receipt from a shop or dealer. We have no details as to whom the frame came from. As you might already know we have tight QC and a frame with that type of flaw would be removed from the production line. Now if it was purchased from a shop and was documented with an invoice. The shop would have noticed this. If for some reason the shop did not notice this. I am sure that the customer would take it back to the shop where they purchased it from. We know it is not that unusual to pick up a custom frame and hold on to it for a while while picking out what components you want to use on it.
    This is why we offered an exchange the frame at cost without any records or receipt.
    Now if we had any type of proof that the frame was purchased from a real dealer.
    We would then gladly replace the frame at no charge. If we didn't do it this way we would then be servicing stolen frames and abused 2nd & 3rd hand frames. This drives cost up. We are about keeping the cost down as to make the frames more affordable.
    You will find our customer service is better than most. We are not a large company.
    You will be able to talk to us directly, I am friends with my dealers and service the accounts personally. This means I know what frames went where. This also means if there is a problem it is resolved promptly .
    E bay is a place where people sell things and will not back them. We can not support e bay and Craigs list sales that are not accompanied by a Dated sales receipt from a shop/dealer.

If you have any questions please contact me @ [email protected]

I will still do my best to resolve the problem if it is left unresolved.

Jason Seamans

Sale Manager
    Chumba Racing
    714-348-6859 cell
    WWW.CHUMBARACING.COM

I doubt the frame is "old racing stock." It has the latest Fox DHX 5.0 and why can't you just simply run the ser.# ? The info on the original purchaser should be in your system. Any way my point is that all I've ever heard about Chumba's customer service is how great it is but I don't think this Jesterpaw (weird name) guy was treated very well. The bottom line is that Chumba made a bone-head, brain-fart mistake when they built that frame and at the very least they should've offered to drill it out for this poor guy. So here's a mission statement for ya, (Do the right thing, own your mistakes and make it right.) Who cares where the frame came from or how old it is. It's a manufactures defect so no matter what you should offer to fix it period. I do realize that you did respond qickly with all the info needed for the customer to fix it. But I doubt he read the info and said,"Ok, i'll go to Harbor freight and pick this up, then i'll go to Costco and get that, and O' yea Sears for a top of the line compressor. Ok, It's just like porting cylinders on a motor, great cuz i just did one of those last week." You see my point? I was on the verge of 86ing my 2006 Ellsworth Moment for the EVO, American built. I think that the EVO, American built frame is on it's way to becoming an ICON in the six inch all mountain arena. But now I think I'll wait and see if Chumba is willing to step up for this guy and be as great with their customer service as they are with building their American frames. It's the little things that will put you on top and set you apart from the rest of the rif-raf. I hope you guys are willing to rethink this one...

mtbr member
    As Jason said, supporting craigslist and ebay sales is just not feasible for us to do as a company given the uncertain circumstances surrounding those sales. Contrary to Uncle-bad-touch's assertion that we can just run a serial number to track the frame, there is more involved to that process than simply entering numbers into a computer.

We may be able to help on a case-by-case basis, but our company has to have consistent application of policies in order to operate as smoothly as possible - which in turn, will help provide the best customer service to CHUMBA owners in the long run.

But, why not let Jesterpaw speak for himself, if he is really unhappy, he can give me a call direct on Monday, and I will see what I can do. As a side note, Uncle-bad-touch, although you have the right to express your opinion, other users on our forum should be treated and spoken to respectfully, and the way you've been speaking to others leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

-A.
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 10-12-2007 at 09:51 PM.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

nerfherder

Cry Uncle!

I feel so much better having Captain Consumer, the vigilante shopper, protecting my rights.

The thing is, mr. uncle, you may be right, but you sure do need to work on how you present your case.

edits fer bad grammerz
    Last edited by scruffylooking; 10-12-2007 at 10:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky D
    It would also seem that you are trolling under the guise of another user name as well.
    Just for the record I am NOT Uncle Bad Touch! Nor am I trolling under any other name.
    I have talked to Jason a few times both on the phone and on the forum. Do I wish they would exchange the frame? Yes. Is that gonna happen? No, I'm not the original owner. I asked the original owner where he got the frame and he never responded. So my options are ...
    1) Sit here and be pissed off because the frame is not perfect.
    2) Drill out the cable stops and run full cables.
    3) Use some ingenuity, find some cable guides and make s**t work and ride the bike.

Sitting here being all pissed is a waste of time. I don't want to drill out the cable stops, don't have the equipment, don't want to spend the money to buy the equipment and don't want to take a chance of screwing up the frame. So that leaves me with option #3. Improvise, adapt, overcome. The bike rides and handle great, this is an annoyance, Getting mad is a waste of time. Riding is not!

Apr 2007

A little story for you.

Just so you know I have seen bikes with things like this before I have been in the bike industry for a long time. I started Racing in 78. BMX was big then. Anyways I picked up a bike from bike mfg back in 91 it was a hard tail it had some things wrong with it. I was told it was in line to get sledge hammered . I asked him what he meant? He told me that any bikes with flaws get smashed he then explained that other manufacturers do the same thing for bike helmets and motorcycle pipes etc. So all warranty exchange and mgr defects get smashed. Unless used for racing or R&D.
    What does this mean to you ?
    Well I picked up that frame and he told me the brake bosses are crooked and the it had some paint flaws. I though ok who cares it will be one of a kind. He then sold it to me with the agreement that I wouldn't try to resell it or try to warranty it. He wanted me to race it only. It was one of those as is deals. At that price I was thinking who cares. I was stoked . Bike frame $50.00
    It had a couple of things that made it state of the art. I was happy I looked at this frame for around 2 months when I had all the parts to build it I noticed it was missing one whole side of the cable guides completely. Well that didn't matter much because that and all my parts where stolen out of my garage a week later.

Well the bike turned up because it was so odd and I got my Grafton Joystix back after they tried to easy off oven cleaner them to take off the the Cool looking purple ano Ha Ha
    Those are old school cranks.
    They tried to service the bike Mistake # 1 Mistake I know all the bike shops and shop owners around here.
    Mistake # 2 they tried to warranty it well guess what happened. They took off and left everything.

I will not say what bike company it was because that is not the point. Im not out to the mfg because they hooked me up and I knew what I was getting.
    What I will say is that sometimes bikes. That are not meant to be in public get released into the wrong hands. At first I thought maybe a racer might have had that frame and sold it. Some of the race frames can sit for a while. Without a receipt it is hard to say where it came from. The only thing we do know is you didn't get it from us or one of our dealers.

Because I understand your point.

I will look and see what I can do on Monday.
    We have a 100% customer satisfaction rating and I will do what I can do maintain that within reason.

My contact info is in my last post .

Jason

Hey Sherlock, I'm not "flaming" Chumba I'm "flaming" the stupid Mr. Responsible guy. I came here becouse I'm wanting a Chumba EVO but I'm not sure about their customer service period. Sorry about beeing malicious but you have to be when you need to make a point to someone that rode the short-bus to school. Also I'm not "trolling under the guise of another user name." I am uncle bad touch, AKA Tripp Mcnealy that's right you have heard of me. The legend is true. "Hey where did Tripp go?" I'm a hundred miles away ready to strike...
    Last edited by RacinJason; 10-13-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Oct 2007
    Sorry bro did'nt mean to leave a bad taste in your mouth or up-set anyone. I never said that jesterclaw was unhappy and I never spoke for him. I was the one that was unhappy. It seemed like such an easy fix. I guess i could'nt understand why the offer to fix it was'nt made. So my bad and i apologize to everyone. On this note i would just like to say that a lot of people shop E-bay and Craig's list not because they want to but because they have to. Every dollar counts and the American dream is fast becoming the American nightmare. We spend the money that we don't have to ride because we love it. Thank you for understanding my point and i do also understand yours. I consider us the little guys and just felt the need to speak my mind no one else's. i know in Jesterclaws case you guys will do what you can and that is what is gonna make me go out and get my EVO...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I feel bad posting this, I had an Chumba F4. Loved the bike. I'm cruising here cause I considering a F5. It's on my short list of about 4 bikes. This is making me reconsider. I'm sorry, I've dealt with the guys at Chumba directly. Great bunch of guys' no doubt.

But I gotta say, you guys are lookin a little to hard at the bottom line. I mean what's your advertising budget for the year. How much would it really cost you to make this right for this guy? Not a hell of a lot. You surely have the equipment. Lets say worst case scenario. Cut off the boss and weld one on right. Throw it in with the next batch at heat treat (I'm of course assuming some of your frames are still made in this country). And send it down with the next batch for powder. Cost you what, $100? Cheap good will in my mind. From the sound's of it this guy would probably be content for you guys to just do the drill out for him.

The 2nd hand warranty stuff really ticks me off anyway. I mean it's one thing, if a bike comes in that's 11 months old and has obviously had the crap beat out of it. But we're talking about a brand new bike here that is obviously a screw up on your part. Make it right, if just minimally.

True story. I bought a used 2003 Turner DHR. 6 month old. Got it shipped to me. Get it up on the rack and it's cracked at the main pivot. Ruined. Pivot area looks WAY under built. Get a hold of the guy a bought it from, ask him to take it back. He apoligizes. Say's no problem, send it back and I'll get Turner to warranty it. I live in California at the time about 45 minutes from Turner's place. I know they're good guys, so I decide to take it down there a tell 'em the story. See what they say. Walk in. Dave happens' to be standing there. I hold the frame and say " ever seen one do this" that's it nothing else. Wait for the answer I KNOW is coming. "Nah, that's the first one we ever seen do that". But no what happened astounded me. Never asked if I was the original owner. Looked at it and said, "Yeah, we've had 3 or 4 so far. We seem to have under built it a little at that point. Since we caught it we changed the designs of the 04's, so they won't be having that problem".

So I ask. "Do you have any 03 fronts left, even a used one that maybe came in with a busted swingarm"

Dave say's "Nah, I would'nt give you one anyway,since they're a problem. I got some 04's in the back that just came need the swing arms attached and stickers. If you don't mind waiting a half hour, I put one together right now and get you fixed up."

Me with a stunned look on my face"the swing arms fine if it will fit the 04 I'd be happy to keep it.

Dave, "Nah, we went to a full width single bolt on the main pivot and got rid of the double bolt. I just as soon you have the new one even though your 03 will fit.
    30 minutes later I walked out with a $2400 04 frame, that they registered right there in my name.

The point is Dave didn't care if I was the original buyer, it was flawed. He made a mistake and owned up to it. He doesn't use legal mumbo jumbo to get out of his screw up on a technicality. He wants his product to be right and if it ain't, he's gonna make it right. Frankly it's the moral thing to do.

In regards to the race only thing. Sounds like spin to me. But if it's true, then when one of these situations turns up, you guys should just bite the bullet and make it right. Simple. Either that or do like the guy in your story and send it to the smasher. Then you won't find yourself back pedaling in situations like these.

Jason, don't make the mistake of listening to all your fan's on here. They aren't taking a drill to their Chumba. They already like you product. But people like me who come here looking for info when we're considering buying your product; look at how you're handling this and it frankly makes me want to go buy my 5th DHR.

I don't know you Jason, but you come across as a spin doctor to me. Maybe you missed your calling and should be in politics. Sorry, I've dealt directly with Ted in the past, really nice guy, although very quiet and humble. And I sincerely hope the best for his company, but I think he's getting off on the wrong foot here and you seem to be leading the charge.

Your making a high dollar product here. Don't let it out the door if its bad, race only or otherwise. If you do, be prepared to fix it. I would assume you guys are directly in charge of determining if a frame goes out as race or not, I would guess there are very few based on your boast about your amazing quality control, this being the computer age and all it wouldn't be to hard to keep record of those frames, even if god forbid there are thousands. Then when this happens you can say with certainty that it was sent out as a "flawed as-is" frame. My guess is, you already know this. But you're using this story to cover your a$$. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Just because you can get out of fixing your mistake on a technicality, doesn't mean you should.

Hopefully you guys will seriously consider what I'm saying and not just come back with another spin segment.
    Last edited by RickyD; 10-12-2007 at 11:48 PM.

mtbr member

Sorry bro did'nt mean to leave a bad taste in your mouth or up-set anyone. I never said that jesterclaw was unhappy and I never spoke for him. I was the one that was unhappy. It seemed like such an easy fix. I guess i could'nt understand why the offer to fix it was'nt made. So my bad and i apologize to everyone. On this note i would just like to say that a lot of people shop E-bay and Craig's list not because they want to but because they have to. Every dollar counts and the American dream is fast becoming the American nightmare. We spend the money that we don't have to ride because we love it. Thank you for understanding my point and i do also understand yours. I consider us the little guys and just felt the need to speak my mind no one else's. i know in Jesterclaws case you guys will do what you can and that is what is gonna make me go out and get my EVO...
    No worries, thanks for being understanding. Your point is well taken, and we'll get everything sorted. Now go get your EVO!

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD
    I feel bad posting this, I had an Chumba F4. Loved the bike. I'm cruising here cause I considering a F5. It's on my short list of about 4 bikes. This is making me reconsider. I'm sorry, I've dealt with the guys at Chumba directly. Great bunch of guys' no doubt.

But I gotta say, you guys are lookin a little to hard at the bottom line. I mean what's your advertising budget for the year. How much would it really cost you to make this right for this guy? Not a hell of a lot. You surely have the equipment. Lets say worst case scenario. Cut off the boss and weld one on right. Throw it in with the next batch at heat treat (I'm of course assuming some of your frames are still made in this country). And send it down with the next batch for powder. Cost you what, $100? Cheap good will in my mind. From the sound's of it this guy would probably be content for you guys to just do the drill out for him.

The 2nd hand warranty stuff really ticks me off anyway. I mean it's one thing, if a bike comes in that's 11 months old and has obviously had the crap beat out of it. But we're talking about a brand new bike here that is obviously a screw up on your part. Make it right, if just minimally.

True story. I bought a used 2003 Turner DHR. 6 month old. Got it shipped to me. Get it up on the rack and it's cracked at the main pivot. Ruined. Pivot area looks WAY under built. Get a hold of the guy a bought it from, ask him to take it back. He apoligizes. Say's no problem, send it back and I'll get Turner to warranty it. I live in California at the time about 45 minutes from Turner's place. I know they're good guys, so I decide to take it down there a tell 'em the story. See what they say. Walk in. Dave happens' to be standing there. I hold the frame and say " ever seen one do this" that's it nothing else. Wait for the answer I KNOW is coming. "Nah, that's the first one we ever seen do that". But no what happened astounded me. Never asked if I was the original owner. Looked at it and said, "Yeah, we've had 3 or 4 so far. We seem to have under built it a little at that point. Since we caught it we changed the designs of the 04's, so they won't be having that problem".

So I ask. "Do you have any 03 fronts left, even a used one that maybe came in with a busted swingarm"

Dave say's "Nah, I would'nt give you one anyway,since they're a problem. I got some 04's in the back that just came need the swing arms attached and stickers. If you don't mind waiting a half hour, I put one together right now and get you fixed up."

Me with a stunned look on my face"the swing arms fine if it will fit the 04 I'd be happy to keep it.

Dave, "Nah, we went to a full width single bolt on the main pivot and got rid of the double bolt. I just as soon you have the new one even though your 03 will fit.
    30 minutes later I walked out with a $2400 04 frame, that they registered right there in my name.

The point is Dave didn't care if I was the original buyer, it was flawed. He made a mistake and owned up to it. He doesn't use legal mumbo jumbo to get out of his screw up on a technicality. He wants his product to be right and if it ain't, he's gonna make it right. Frankly it's the moral thing to do.

In regards to the race only thing. Sounds like spin to me. But if it's true, then when one of these situations turns up, you guys should just bite the bullet and make it right. Simple. Either that or do like the guy in your story and send it to the smasher. Then you won't find yourself back pedaling in situations like these.

Jason, don't make the mistake of listening to all your fan's on here. They aren't taking a drill to their Chumba. They already like you product. But people like me who come here looking for info when we're considering buying your product; look at how you're handling this and it frankly makes me want to go buy my 5th DHR.

I don't know you Jason, but you come across as a spin doctor to me. Maybe you missed your calling and should be in politics. Sorry, I've dealt directly with Ted in the past, really nice guy, although very quiet and humble. And I sincerely hope the best for his company, but I think he's getting off on the wrong foot here and you seem to be leading the charge.

Your making a high dollar product here. Don't let it out the door if its bad, race only or otherwise. If you do, be prepared to fix it.

Just because you can get out of fixing your mistake on a technicality, doesn't mean you should.

Hopefully you guys will seriously consider what I'm saying and not just come back with another spin segment.
    In all fairness to Jason, I've seen him stay up until midnight tuning customer's bikes and handling warranty and customer service issues when he wasn't even getting paid and had a dislocated shoulder from a riding accident. That is the kind of commitment he has to seeing happy customers and having quality product on the trails.

CHUMBA is growing, and we are trying to adhere more to our policies, like I said before, that is what is going to provide the quality of operations in the long run. We have a lot on our plate right now, including F5 and 29er production, that require a lot of attention and detail. We are trying to make sure our operations run most efficiently, so we can make sure product is available and affordable -- and is supported technically. If we were constantly looking at the bottom line, we probably wouldn't be in this business.

Sure, there will be some exceptions, and we want to do everything we can to reach the best outcome for everyone in uncommon situations like this one. We have improved significantly in almost every area of our operations, including quality control, and I can only assume that EVO was one of the first ones produced, as it looks like a 06 model.

Anyhow, I understand your point, and I do have some other ideas that I can discuss with Jesterpaw that I think can resolve the issue.
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 10-13-2007 at 12:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    In all fairness to Jason, I've seen him stay up until midnight tuning customer's bikes and handling warranty and customer service issues when he wasn't even getting paid. That is the kind of commitment he has to seeing happy customers.

CHUMBA is growing, and we are trying to adhere more to our policies, like I said before, that is what is going to provide the quality of operations in the long run. Sure, there will be some exceptions, and we want to do everything we can to reach the best outcome for everyone. So like we said, I have some ideas that I can discuss with Jesterpaw that I think can resolve the issue.
    Sorry, if this came off as a rant against Jason. It wasn't my main point. I'm sure Jason is probably a great guy. But I've read other post's of his regarding problems and normally his first response is to down play. Probably part of his job I'm sure.

But seriously. I totally want you guys' to be sucessful. I love my DHR's and my F4. Probably cause they ride very similar. I think the new F5's are HOT!!! and frankly I'm in the minority I'm sure. But the new dhr's just don't appeal to me.

Speaking of which. When are you guys gonna get some F5's? I emailed you a few days ago and no one has responded. Sorry, I can't call during the day cause of work, so don't say try that. Gimmie the scoop. I know you know

I want and orange one with no floating brake. Everyone knows floating brakes are for guy's that are using there brakes when they should be off 'em.

Anyway, hope my other post didn't come across mean spirited. I did not intend it to. Hopefully it will help you with determining your policy's. I know you guys are growing, but don't become a giant company thats doesn't care about the people that use their product. You're small enough to read between the lines. Don't give yourself a rigid blanket policy that you won't bend until it blows up on you. Like this one may be doing.

On a personal note. I am also in customer service type business and I will fix stuff if even if it could be PERCEIVED to be my fault when I know it isn't. The reality is if you're good, these kind of things don't happen often. And I think you guys are VERY good. Just make sure your policys' are as well

mtbr member

Sorry, if this came off as a rant against Jason. It wasn't my main point. I'm sure Jason is probably a great guy. But I've read other post's of his regarding problems and normally his first response is to down play. Probably part of his job I'm sure.

But seriously. I totally want you guys' to be sucessful. I love my DHR's and my F4. Probably cause they ride very similar. I think the new F5's are HOT!!! and frankly I'm in the minority I'm sure. But the new dhr's just don't appeal to me.

Speaking of which. When are you guys gonna get some F5's? I emailed you a few days ago and no one has responded. Sorry, I can't call during the day cause of work, so don't say try that. Gimmie the scoop. I know you know

I want and orange one with no floating brake. Everyone knows floating brakes are for guy's that are using there brakes when they should be off 'em.

Anyway, hope my other post didn't come across mean spirited. I did not intend it to. Hopefully it will help you with determining your policy's. I know you guys are growing, but don't become a giant company thats doesn't care about the people that use their product. You're small enough to read between the lines. Don't give yourself a rigid blanket policy that you won't bend until it blows up on you. Like this one may be doing.

On a personal note. I am also in customer service type business and I will fix stuff if even if it could be PERCEIVED to be my fault when I know it isn't. The reality is if you're good, these kind of things don't happen often. And I think you guys are VERY good. Just make sure your policys' are as well
    Thanks for your words of support. Don't worry about us getting too big, we are still the boutique company even among the boutique bike companies. We do try hard to meet our customer's needs and we always listen to everything our customers have to say, thats one of the strengths of our company. We're small enough to really listen to what people are saying, and make changes quick.

As for your questions about the F5, they should be here in about 4-5 weeks, here's a pic..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 10-13-2007 at 01:05 AM.

I'm living the dream!

Wow! What are the odds there would be two Ricky D's (RickyD) on the same board and both in to CHUMBA's? For the record, I'm the newest with an XCL living in Hawaii and I'm loving my bike and the customer service so far.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky D
    Wow! What are the odds there would be two Ricky D's (RickyD) on the same board and both in to CHUMBA's? For the record, I'm the newest with an XCL living in Hawaii and I'm loving my bike and the customer service so far.
    LOL..that is quite a coincidence!

Apr 2007

I am sorry you feel this way.

If you read my posted you will notice all I do is agree and explain the only things our policy lets me do. And yes I bend the rules at times to help people get back out riding. If the bike rolled in and I saw the problem in person and we had one on hand it would be a done deal. I would have fixed the bike right in front of him. I am a rider also I want to help fix any problems that I can. When it comes down to it I just make it happen . I was asked what to do given the information I was given I gave the only advice I was permitted to give . Now I am being called a Spin Dr Nice

With no info or paper work and having not seen the frame in person I was told we can do an upgrade exchange for the new AM frame for cost or the cable guides can be drilled out to accept full length cables. I think that is pretty cut and dry .

I also said that I would like to help and to call me back if you have any problems We will look to see what we have in back. But it probably wont be a brand new frame because we are out of them.
    The next day without a call I see this post.

You might want to get to know me or talk to people I have worked with and helped before calling me anything . And I do not mean that in a smart @ss kinda way. I go on here to help people every night and I am not getting paid to respond.
    I don't go on here to argue with anyone. I do everything I can to get peoples bikes set up and get them out on the trails.

Please call me if you have any questions
    714-348-6859 you can call me after hrs that is my cell phone.

Be sure to read this carefully thank you.
    It is upsetting to be misunderstood.

Your making a high dollar product here. Don't let it out the door if its bad, race only or otherwise. If you do, be prepared to fix it. I would assume you guys are directly in charge of determining if a frame goes out as race or not, I would guess there are very few based on your boast about your amazing quality control, this being the computer age and all it wouldn't be to hard to keep record of those frames, even if god forbid there are thousands. Then when this happens you can say with certainty that it was sent out as a "flawed as-is" frame. My guess is, you already know this. But you're using this story to cover your a$$. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Last edited by RacinJason; 10-13-2007 at 02:46 AM.

Apr 2007

I agree !!!!

You said something about being able to come out here and bring your frame.
    When can you be down here? Lets get you on your bike so people will just mellow out.
    The solutions in the past posts where just ways to get you on your bike faster. But I can see the only way to get you rolling on your bike is change out your frame.
    Dr J is going get things sorted out for you. But I am not going to be coming back on here much more. So e mail me if you need to contact me .

Yeah its 2:30 am on my vacation time off and I am up sorting things out.
    Customer service?

Quote Originally Posted by jesterspaw
    Just for the record I am NOT Uncle Bad Touch! Nor am I trolling under any other name.
    I have talked to Jason a few times both on the phone and on the forum. Do I wish they would exchange the frame? Yes. Is that gonna happen? No, I'm not the original owner. I asked the original owner where he got the frame and he never responded. So my options are ...
    1) Sit here and be pissed off because the frame is not perfect.
    2) Drill out the cable stops and run full cables.
    3) Use some ingenuity, find some cable guides and make s**t work and ride the bike.

Sitting here being all pissed is a waste of time. I don't want to drill out the cable stops, don't have the equipment, don't want to spend the money to buy the equipment and don't want to take a chance of screwing up the frame. So that leaves me with option #3. Improvise, adapt, overcome. The bike rides and handle great, this is an annoyance, Getting mad is a waste of time. Riding is not!

Apr 2007
    I will no longer discuss warranty issues on a public forum. You will only hear one side this leads to misunderstandings.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call me @ 714-348-6859.

Jason

mtbr member
    Bottom line is that Chumba's customer service is still way better than "big" bike companies. I broke a Trek frame, and it took over 5 weeks to get remedied. First off, I doubt that I could even brake the XCL, and if it did happen, Jason and crew would stand behind their product and make things right. Chumba doesn't want someone bashing them on a public forum, and they also can't bend over and take it all the time. I am confused about how that bike got out of the factory without someone noticing it. Hopefully that dyslexic welder doesn't work there anymore. Go by that Evo and ride circles around your friends on Ellsworths, and Turners!

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    Why does it seem like the posts with attitude are coming from people who don't actually own Chumbas?

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chucko58
    Why does it seem like the posts with attitude are coming from people who don't actually own Chumbas?
    Not only that, they all seem to be recent joiners of this forum. Not to get all JFK and crap but could other local builders/competitors be a little worried about Chumba and trying to sabotage things?
    "Do not touch the trim"

nerfherder
    Quote Originally Posted by chucko58
    Teh internets and anonymity makes people forget about treating others with courtesy and politeness.

That said, I'm all for non owners to come here and ask questions... even then hard ones. They may be future owners. Like me, for example. I don't own a Chumba, yet I slum around here. Maybe I'll get one in the future...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    deleted
    Last edited by RickyD; 10-13-2007 at 11:24 AM.

Jul 2004
    uncle-bad-touch? C'mon . . . if you're gonna troll at least choose a good name.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'm not bashing using ebay or craigslist to purchase bike frames. But there's always some risk when you buy something sight unseen. That's part of the price you pay for getting something cheaper than buying it retail. Also, although we would all wish that every bike manufacturer would still provide warranty coverage for non-original owners that's just not going to happen.

The way I see it, if the guy who bought the frame isn't happy with it he should take it up with the seller. Get your $$ back from him and go buy yourself another frame (Chumba or whatever). There's plenty of good bikes out there similar to the EVO.

As much as you wish that your frame was absolute perfect in every way...You bought a frame on-line somewhere from a non-Chumba dealer. Go have someone drill out your frame stop or use a problem solver cable guide and run full housing. This isn't brain surgery. You'll still have a fantastic bike to ride and be happy with as soon as you let go of the fact that you got burned by the seller.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ok, I'll try to clear up a few thing and then leave it.

First off... Jason. I really tried hard to word what I said so that it did not come across mean spirited. I never really called into question your quality's as a person. My guess is you are young and still learning the game. Don't take this stuff personally. It'll get to you otherwise.

Sorry, but your first post on this was total spin and a couple others after that. Your later posts are getting to the truth.

I know the internet sucks for mfg'r with things like this, but get used to it. Every other mfg'r is in the same boat. In this case at least the guy had called you before posting. You can't count how many times that DOESN'T happen to EVERY mfg'r out there. Think Ellsworth. Tony is the king of spin and the Truth is (pun intended) in 2001 his product sucked!! He went for to light a weight on a bike that wasn't engineered correct for the group it was marketed towards. He should of owned up and made it right . He didn't. Now almost 7 years later, many people still have a bad taste in their mouth and will not touch a Ellsworth product. I truly don't want to see this happen to you guys. Turner on the other hand has had many design defects not just random screw ups like your cable stop. But yet...almost everyone considers them the epitome of what a bike company should be. The reason? They own up, plain and simple. They make it right.

The reality is the guy had a legit beef. You should have just come on and said. We are looking into it and are going to take steps to make it right. What ever right may be. Could've just been drilling it out for the guy.

Instead you come out swinging giving what I feel is a silly reason for why you shouldn't have to fix it. Sorry, but that's just the way I see it. It's my opinion and could be totally off base. But I don't think so.

I think a lot of what you say may be your love for the company and wanting to defend it at all costs. But the reality is...everyone makes mistakes. It's how you handle them that defines you as a person and a company. In the future, if you have a product thats screwed up, don't try to justify it. Just own up and make it right.

In regards to some of the other responses.

Nobodys, asking Chumba to "bend over" Christ; its a cable guide welded on backwards. How much more obvious of a screw up can you get?

Conspiracy from other mfg'rs? I'm still trying to figure out if that's tongue in cheek.

You guys' worried about this being from "non-members". I made sure to point out in my first post that I felt Chumba was spending a little to much time listen to the congregation. People who love a product are often biased and are willing to cut a company much more slack then someone researching to become a customer. I know you guys' think my post was a attack. But I actually meant it to be constructive. And hopefully they will heed some of my points. If Chumba can survive with just you guy's as customers, that would be great. But a company needs new customers to grow. People research when you are spending this kind of money on a bike. How a company handles situation like these has a big impact in their decision. Case in point, I really am considering a F5 for my next DH bike. The first few responses from Chumba were disappointing. But as the thread has progress my concerns have be somewhat alleviated.

Anyway, hope this clears some things up. I'm really not trying to start a flame war.

Rick (the original RickyD, o'yeah)

P.S. Hey Ted, I really want a 150mm rear hub on the F5. Get rid of that floating brake and weld on some disc tabs. Good to go

Apr 2007
    Send the frame in . If you can not do that the problem is on your side.
    We can not exchange what we can not see.
    Yes it is not in out policy to exchange things over the phone when the customer will not tell us any info about the frame in question. Stolen? Purchased? Where from? Sending it to us would be your first step. Hand delivery would even be better faster and you would probably walk out with a new frame if the frame has a defect. With that being said
    It's up to you to do the right thing.
    If this just a troll and you don't have a frame or an issue then please find your way out of the Chumba forum thank you .

J

What do we call this again a scam? Or maybe just a fake. Either way something sounds fishy.

Bigger than Big
    Nobodys, asking Chumba to "bend over" Christ; its a cable guide welded on backwards. How much more obvious of a screw up can you get?
    How 'bout buying a used frame without inspecting it? Who's screw up was that?
    Caveat emptor.
    "Get back to the hills, get back to baby where you belong." - P. Westerberg

mtbr member

Ok, I'll try to clear up a few thing and then leave it.

First off... Jason. I really tried hard to word what I said so that it did not come across mean spirited. I never really called into question your quality's as a person. My guess is you are young and still learning the game. Don't take this stuff personally. It'll get to you otherwise.

Sorry, but your first post on this was total spin and a couple others after that. Your later posts are getting to the truth.

I know the internet sucks for mfg'r with things like this, but get used to it. Every other mfg'r is in the same boat. In this case at least the guy had called you before posting. You can't count how many times that DOESN'T happen to EVERY mfg'r out there. Think Ellsworth. Tony is the king of spin and the Truth is (pun intended) in 2001 his product sucked!! He went for to light a weight on a bike that wasn't engineered correct for the group it was marketed towards. He should of owned up and made it right . He didn't. Now almost 7 years later, many people still have a bad taste in their mouth and will not touch a Ellsworth product. I truly don't want to see this happen to you guys. Turner on the other hand has had many design defects not just random screw ups like your cable stop. But yet...almost everyone considers them the epitome of what a bike company should be. The reason? They own up, plain and simple. They make it right.

The reality is the guy had a legit beef. You should have just come on and said. We are looking into it and are going to take steps to make it right. What ever right may be. Could've just been drilling it out for the guy.

Instead you come out swinging giving what I feel is a silly reason for why you shouldn't have to fix it. Sorry, but that's just the way I see it. It's my opinion and could be totally off base. But I don't think so.

I think a lot of what you say may be your love for the company and wanting to defend it at all costs. But the reality is...everyone makes mistakes. It's how you handle them that defines you as a person and a company. In the future, if you have a product thats screwed up, don't try to justify it. Just own up and make it right.

In regards to some of the other responses.

Conspiracy from other mfg'rs? I'm still trying to figure out if that's tongue in cheek.

You guys' worried about this being from "non-members". I made sure to point out in my first post that I felt Chumba was spending a little to much time listen to the congregation. People who love a product are often biased and are willing to cut a company much more slack then someone researching to become a customer. I know you guys' think my post was a attack. But I actually meant it to be constructive. And hopefully they will heed some of my points. If Chumba can survive with just you guy's as customers, that would be great. But a company needs new customers to grow. People research when you are spending this kind of money on a bike. How a company handles situation like these has a big impact in their decision. Case in point, I really am considering a F5 for my next DH bike. The first few responses from Chumba were disappointing. But as the thread has progress my concerns have be somewhat alleviated.

Anyway, hope this clears some things up. I'm really not trying to start a flame war.

Rick (the original RickyD, o'yeah)

P.S. Hey Ted, I really want a 150mm rear hub on the F5. Get rid of that floating brake and weld on some disc tabs. Good to go
    Rick,

Jason's main point is like he said, without knowing whether the frame was stolen, given away, or legitimately purchased, its impossible for us to make a snap judgment over the internet; so he offered a solution that would be a quick fix. We have a prototype rack, and a blem rack; we need to figure out how this frame left the building before we make commitments over the internet.

If this was unsatisfactory, we would be willing to talk to the purchaser further like we are doing now and do some more investigation and look at different options.

Like I've already said multiple times, I will talk to Jesterpaw about getting him sorted, so now you know that the problem will be taken care of. I hope this will put this all to rest.

As for the F5, yes there will be a non-floating option and rear spacing is 135. Out of curiousity, why do you want a non-floater and 150mm spacing?

-A.
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 10-13-2007 at 01:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Jason:
    As far as I am concerned, you have been more than fair.
    As far as I am concerned, let the INTERNET buyer beware!
    As far asI am concerned, warranties are not transferable.
    As far as I am concerned, etc. etc. etc....

A word about CHUMBA: The company is owned by one of the nicest, smartest and most well respected men in the biking business! The same hold true of his staff. Jason (the guy who is trying to figure out a fix) is well known in So Cal (and the Chumba Forum) for "jumping through hoops" for his customers. He was well known (in So Cal) for being customer oriented before he worked at Chumba!

Do I own a Chumba? NO! Am I affiliated with anyone from Chumba? NO! Do I care how this matter gets resolved? NO!

What I do care about is the fact "one guy" has decided to throw CHUMBA under the bus over a frame purchased from the INTERNET!!!

Those who RACE- respect every person affiliated with the company. Those in So Cal who own Chumba's KNOW they make some of the strongest most bullet-proof bikes in the business. Those who are considering purchasing a CHUMBA should know they are GOOD people!!! Good people who stand behind their product!!!

Ted... Jason... Alan.... Keep up the good work!

Oct 2007

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! um, duah...

Dude, where did you learn to read? Never mind that go back to the top and read it from the begining. Pull out your dictionary so you can look up the words that you don't understand. Then As Far As I'm Concerned you can get back to cruising the green-belt on your road bike...

Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pho'dUp
    I'm not bashing using ebay or craigslist to purchase bike frames. But there's always some risk when you buy something sight unseen. That's part of the price you pay for getting something cheaper than buying it retail. Also, although we would all wish that every bike manufacturer would still provide warranty coverage for non-original owners that's just not going to happen.

The way I see it, if the guy who bought the frame isn't happy with it he should take it up with the seller. Get your $$ back from him and go buy yourself another frame (Chumba or whatever). There's plenty of good bikes out there similar to the EVO.

As much as you wish that your frame was absolute perfect in every way...You bought a frame on-line somewhere from a non-Chumba dealer. Go have someone drill out your frame stop or use a problem solver cable guide and run full housing. This isn't brain surgery. You'll still have a fantastic bike to ride and be happy with as soon as you let go of the fact that you got burned by the seller.
    Did i miss something? I don't recall the buyer saying that he was unhappy....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm

Alan,
    I agree all points have been made. It's obvious that you guys do care. I just don't think it was necessarily clear at the start of this thread. I will say that my opinion of you guys' has been reaffirmed. So see; something good did come out of it.

As far as why I want a 150mm hub on the F5. I know where your question is going. Your very sneaky; wanting to get me with an AH HA!!! Most guys would say for a dishless hub or the wider stance makes for a stiffer rear. Buy you and I both know the rear on the F5 builds dishless due to the offset created by the floater. So you get a dishless 135mm hub. Actually very clever. The rear is also already wide for the same reason, floater clearance. So you get 150mm stiffness with a 135mm hub. I'm afraid my reason for wanting a 150mm rear is purely selfish. I have a blingin set of new Gold Hadleys that I want to use and the rear is 150mm.

The floaters another story. Just my preference. An F5 would not have brake jack. Based on the pivot location an F5 would have brake squat, the complete opposite of brake jack which is indeed bad for a variety of reasons. I find brake squat to be a desirable trait on a downhill bike. Especially here in Colorado, where our STEEP courses would make a lot of you surfer boys pee your pants (just funnin here, I know your guys get hurt feels easy)

Sure you still get suspension firming up, but the dirty little secret is that even with a floater you still get some firming of the suspension, just not as much. This isn't a problem for me , cause I brake before I really need the suspension then I get off the brakes and my suspension can work the way it was intended. It's an eye opening experience the first time you hit a tech section at speed without dragging your brakes. Yeah, the way it was meant to be.

Anyway, to sum it up. The floater takes away my squat, adds unnecessary weight and another part to break. Plus I hate that long arm hanging down just waiting catch the rocks we have out here. And I'm tellin' you we do have the rocks. I keep 3 spare derailleurs in my kit.

Anyway, get to work on those F5's its back on my short list.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    Rick,

Jason's main point is like he said, without knowing whether the frame was stolen, given away, or legitimately purchased, its impossible for us to make a snap judgment over the internet; so he offered a solution that would be a quick fix. We have a prototype rack, and a blem rack; we need to figure out how this frame left the building before we make commitments over the internet.

If this was unsatisfactory, we would be willing to talk to the purchaser further like we are doing now and do some more investigation and look at different options.

Like I've already said multiple times, I will talk to Jesterpaw about getting him sorted, so now you know that the problem will be taken care of. I hope this will put this all to rest.

As for the F5, yes there will be a non-floating option and rear spacing is 135. Out of curiousity, why do you want a non-floater and 150mm spacing?

-A.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    WOW- You call one guy Sherlock, another guy stupid, you insult me... You talked about needing to make a point to someone who rode the short bus to school.. Apology or no apology, I believe was is in poor taste to SLAM a company as well respected as CHUMBA. While I do not own their bikes, I do stand behind the good people who work there! I also trust they will make every effort to remedy this situation.

Time for me to "get back to cruising the green-belt on my 8" road bike!"

Oct 2007

Good job! Thank you Jason!

C' mon Jason, You saw the pics on Jesterpaw's post. They clearly show the cable guide welded on backwards. This is no fake, this is no scam, this does not smell fishy unless, well never mind that, and this is no troll unless you like trolls. I was thinking about gluing one to the top of my helmet for some mojo one with pink hair. I'm sure Jesterpaw will get the frame to you as soon as he can. Note that Jesterpaw had nothing to do with this entire post and he was never unhappy with you. I was the one with concerns so I voiced them here. I thought that this forum was for things such as this. Jesterpaw is probably mad at me for all of you thinking that it was him voicing these concerns and or complaining about his situation. He from the very begining took full responsibility for buying the frame sight unseen and was up front about not being the original owner. You can't be more honest than that. From the begining it was my opinion due to the nature of the manufactures defect that you should just simply fix it. This is why you never recieved a call from Jesterpaw. He had no idea that this was going on until he logged on and by that time it had already taken off. I know if asked Jesterpaw would want the same service that RickyD recieved from Turner and who wouldn't...

Jason, you listened to our concerns, you understood where we were coming from and responded with a lets make it right attitude. It just doesn't get better than that! The fact that this issue had a lot of people talking just shows how many people are into Chumba and what you're doing and that's a good thing. Please don't stop spending time here. You represent Chumba and you being here is why we are all here. So thank you for your responses and thank you for understanding. I hope to have my EVO by the end of the year if there are any left by then...

I'm out, seeya...
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-23-2007 at 10:04 PM.

mtbr member

It's My Frame!!!

I can't believe this has gone so far. It's crazy. The frame everyone is arguing about is mine. If anyone should be complaining about Chumba's customer service it should be me because IT"S MY FRAME that has the cable stop problem. The thing is I really don't have a problem with Jason or anyone at Chumba. When I realized the problem I called Jason in the hopes of being able to switch it out. Not being the origial owner I wasn't sure what they would say. Jason offered to exchange the front section at a discounted price, which he didn't have to do, but I don't have the extra cash laying around to do that. The other options he mentioned were to drill out the cable stops or zip ties or cable guides. I chose the cable guides to keep it simple. The bike runs just fine the way it is. If anyone is looking to buy a Chumba I would still recommend them to any one. This bike rocks!

Don't get me wrong, if the guys at Chumba are still willing to trade out the front end I'll take them up on thier offer. I may not be the smartest guy out there but I know when to jump on a good deal.

With that being said, thanks you Jason and Alan for your help. And to everyone else, RELAX a little. Go for a ride! I know people are just trying to help but things got a little carried away

Jason I will call you on Monday. Thanks again

Oct 2007
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-13-2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: delete

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Chumba is a business, not a charity. You seem to think that Chumba should simply jump whenever an aggreived customer snaps their fingers. No way. They have every right to get some basic questions answered before honoring a warranty claim. And the warranty is already very generous by industry standards. IMHO, they have handled this quite well and been more than fair.

Oct 2007
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-13-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: delete

Oct 2007
    Last edited by uncle-bad-touch; 10-13-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: delete

Oct 2007

Good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by DRTRIDR
    WOW- You call one guy Sherlock, another guy stupid, you insult me... You talked about needing to make a point to someone who rode the short bus to school.. Apology or no apology, I believe was is in poor taste to SLAM a company as well respected as CHUMBA. While I do not own their bikes, I do stand behind the good people who work there! I also trust they will make every effort to remedy this situation.

Time for me to "get back to cruising the green-belt on my 8" road bike!"

The only thing that offends me are people that get offended. The bad thing about it is the fact that I now have to go around offended at my own self. So thank you for that. If your so easily offended maybe you should park your bike and take up line-dancing. I think that might be a better fit for you. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED...

Apr 2007

Wow Nice

Thanks.

J

C' mon Jason, You saw the pics on Jesterpaw's post. They clearly show the cable guide welded on backwards. This is no fake, this is no scam, this does not smell fishy unless, well never mind that, and this is no troll unless you like trolls. I was thinking about gluing one to the top of my helmet for some mojo one with pink hair. I'm sure Jesterpaw will get the frame to you as soon as he can. Note that Jesterpaw had nothing to do with this entire post and he was never unhappy with you. I was the one with concerns so I voiced them here. I thought that this forum was for things such as this. Jesterpaw is probably mad at me for all of you thinking that it was him voicing these concerns and or complaining about his situation. He from the very begining took full responsibility for buying the frame sight unseen and was up front about not being the original owner. you can't be more honest than that. From the begining it was my opinion due to the nature of the manufactures defect that you should just simply fix it. This is why you never recieved a call from Jesterpaw. He had no idea that this was going on until he logged on and by that time it had already taken off. I know if asked Jesterpaw would want the same service that RickyD recieved from Turner and who wouldn't...

Jason, you listened to our concerns, you understood where we were coming from and responded with a lets make it right attitude. It just doesn't get better than that! The fact that this issue had a lot of people talking just shows how many people are into Chumba and what you're doing and that's a good thing. Please don't stop spending time here. You represent Chumba and you being here is why we are all here. So thank you for your responses and thank you for understanding. I hope to have my EVO by the end of the year if there are any left by then...

I'm out, seeya... C'

Apr 2007
    HA HA this is a tough crowd but it looks like we can all get along.
    I bet if you all went on a ride together you would all be good friends.
    I leave my sarcasm in the other room when I talk on here because its hard to tell when you are kidding on the internet . I know that all the sarcasm is not to be taken so seriously but
    not everyone knows that . The shops that go on here to read about products really have real questions . So lets try to keep everything on a professional level so all the good tech info can be traded on here. Who knows maybe you might have a question.

Thank you for your support.

J

Oct 2007
    point taken...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    DRTRIDR-The only thing that offends me are people that get offended. The bad thing about it is the fact that I now have to go around offended at my own self. So thank you for that. If your so easily offended maybe you should park your bike and take up line-dancing. I think that might be a better fit for you. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED...
    Line dancing? Between my Knitting classes.... Flower arranging classes... scrapbooking classes...... BALLET..... How am I supposed to find the time to line dance? On second thought Thanks for the great idea!

nerfherder
    For posterity: end result, a happy Chumba rider.

mtbr member
    Very Happy!

Members who have read this thread: 0