Changes for '07 EVO- Mtbr.com
    locked - time out

Changes for '07 EVO

I know the Evo has only been around for a short time but was wonderring if there are and changes for '07.

Just curious.

mtbr member
    you're going to buy an evo, aren't you?
    I heard they were going to lower the bb. I personally wouldn't want mine any lower. I have the '06, and the bb is fairly high, but I don't feel it negatively affects the handling.
    When I turn my fork travel down to 100mm, which is where I like it for technical climbing, I start hit my pedals on rocks more frequently. So I usually climb at 120mm, which works fine. But if the bb was lower, you might have to keep the fork extended further to avoid the rocks.
    I have a lot of narrow climbs through fairly big rocks in my area though, on wider or flatter trails this wouldn't be an issue at all.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by hardway
    you're going to buy an evo, aren't you?
    Still deciding. Haven't riden one yet.

mtbr member
    where are you located?

mtbr member
    this guy's been advertising evo demos on the AM board. I know you're over there a lot, but I don't know if you've seen his ad.

Want to DEMO a Chumba EVO? I'm on the verge of commencing a DEMO program for ridrs just like you - "Which frame do I get?" It's too expensive to be a "guessing game," if you know what I mean. So for $200 you can demo the EVO for a week (which includes shipping to and from you), try it out, then when you buy it from Down Shift Cycles we'll give you your $200 credit towards the frame or a custom bike.

I rode one at Interbike and although it wasn't the lightest 6" travel bike I've been on, it certainly felt like a 28lb 5" travel bike in the saddle. It really, truly did. In fact, I haven't stopped thinking about getting one myself since I'm a pretty weak climber but love to beat the heck out of things on the downhill.

I'm hesistant to say its the best bike I've ever ridden, because the Ventana X-5 is just . . . mmm mmm good. The El Terremoto won't be available until late this year though. I just talked to Teresa at Ventaana the other day, and they're eaiting on those wicked downtubes (which haven't even been amde yet for Ventana, much less delivered).

Let me know if you're interested in more details about demoing a Chumba EVO.

Jared
    801-221-7499 shop
    www.downshiftcycles.com

locked - time out
    Nederland CO. Near Boulder.

mtbr member
    I didn't think you were in norcal, as I never see you on the local board. I'd let you ride mine if you were close. I think that downshift guy is in utah though, so that's not too far.

bbc
    Bueno!
    We are a Chumba Dealer, we're in Lyons! We have an EVO built up with the new Lyrik. Check out the site for a picture or stop by.

www.bitterbrushcycles.com

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc
    We are a Chumba Dealer, we're in Lyons! We have an EVO built up with the new Lyrik. Check out the site for a picture or stop by.

Could I take it to Hall for an afternoon? ( after the snow stops of course )

bbc
    Bueno!
    We are planning on having DEMOS this spring. The one we have built is for sale. You can ride it around town and see how it feels at least.

locked - time out
    Maybe. I really Want to see what it can do on the trail and Hall is a good familiar test. What time in the spring?

bbc
    Bueno!
    February-I'll let everyone know if it's sooner. It's definitely worth the look.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bbc

hi,
    how much does it weight??

thanks.

bbc
    Bueno!
    On our scales it weighs 33 lbs without pedals. The Lyrik fork is a little heavy but so worth the weight.

Members who have read this thread: 0