Chain rub on e-type FD plate- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Chain rub on e-type FD plate

So far, I am loving my XCL...with one exception. The chain is rubbing on the e-type front derailleur mounting plate (not the cage, but the actual plate). I am using an older Shimano FC-M752 crankset, ES-71E BB and a FD-770 derailleur. Check out this thread for the same issue but different reason: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=244462

According to the Shimano tech specs, that FD is compatible with the newer external cranksets, so I'm thinking that might be my problem. Does anyone know for sure? I am tempted to pick up an FD-750-E to try, but thought I would check here first.

Is anyone else running that crankset on their Chumba?

I'm living the dream!
    Not running that crankset but have you tried adding a spacer to the drive side BB? I have a Race Face Atlas crank using a Shimano BB. When I switched to the M770-E FD my chain rubbed the bracket pretty badly. I added a spacer and now no problems. It shifts perfect.

So, right now I have 0 spacer on the non-drive and one spacer plus the E type bracket on the driveside. This dispite the Shimano instructions stating you don't use any spacers with a 73mm shell. I had some problems with BB set up a while back that led me to buy the Shimano BB. At this point I believe the manufacturer's instructions can be used as a guide but you have to play around to see what works for your particular application. Good luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0