Cane Creek Cloud Nine, Rockshox Pearl..- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134

    Cane Creek Cloud Nine, Rockshox Pearl..

    I've been looking at shocks for my XCL to test out, I've been doing some research, and came across these shocks. Anyone have any experience with them or thoughts? Thanks.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

  2. #2
    locked - time out
    Reputation: TIMBERRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,389
    How about a Roco Air???

  3. #3
    bbc
    bbc is offline
    Bueno!
    Reputation: bbc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    311
    We have a bike on the floor that has the Pearl on it. It seems like a really good shock. It's really adjustable and it's pretty light.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    10
    I previously posted my thoughts on the Pearl and PUSHed Float R mounted to my Titus MotoLite:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=271885

    In the past two months I have been using a high-volume PUSHed Float R with much improved performance (for xc use), but last week switched over to a ROCO R Air. I will post a complete review of the ROCO in a couple of weeks, but my initial impressions are VERY positive.

    I don't know what size fits the XCL, but if the Pearl (7.875 x 2.0) fits I would be willing to drop it off at Chumba for you to test.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134

    ..

    Quote Originally Posted by superherodoc
    I previously posted my thoughts on the Pearl and PUSHed Float R mounted to my Titus MotoLite:

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=271885

    In the past two months I have been using a high-volume PUSHed Float R with much improved performance (for xc use), but last week switched over to a ROCO R Air. I will post a complete review of the ROCO in a couple of weeks, but my initial impressions are VERY positive.

    I don't know what size fits the XCL, but if the Pearl (7.875 x 2.0) fits I would be willing to drop it off at Chumba for you to test.
    Seems like the ROCO air might be nice. I think I will order one of those.

    A.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134
    dammit..they're out of stock on all the roco stuff... ; (
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    764
    ChumbaEVO, I dont mean to be off topic,
    but is the seat angle on the new XCL's still going to be 73 ? Thanks

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134
    Yes, it will be 73.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eldogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    44

    Good job! Ccdb

    I put one on my '06 Specialized Enduro and I love it. Lots of adjustment. Smooooooooth! Upgraded from a Fox DHX Air 5.0.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134
    sweet!! thats what im talking about..
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

  11. #11
    Time is not a road.
    Reputation: chad1433's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,146
    Boy, those would be 'spensive to upgrade to, wouldn't they?

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134

    ...

    Ted has a Cane Creek Double Barrel on his Evo, and we put one on a F5 with great results, but yea, it sure is pricey. I think Marz was able to track down some Roco Airs for us, so I'm going to put one on the XCL and see how it is, if it works well, maybe we can offer it on the frames.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

  13. #13
    Older than I feel
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,762
    Hey Alan, what ever happened with this experiment? The Roco Air sure sounds like a lot of shock for not much money.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134

    ..

    Quote Originally Posted by chucko58
    Hey Alan, what ever happened with this experiment? The Roco Air sure sounds like a lot of shock for not much money.
    Funny you mention that. I was just having talking about that today - and wondering what the interest in that would be. I have the shock in the warehouse, just have to test it.

    A.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

  15. #15
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    Funny you mention that. I was just having talking about that today - and wondering what the interest in that would be. I have the shock in the warehouse, just have to test it.

    A.
    Um, interest is high.

    Get off your duff and test that mutha out! Man, you guys are lazy.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CHUMBAevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,134

    ..

    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Um, interest is high.

    Get off your duff and test that mutha out! Man, you guys are lazy.
    lol..can't a man take a break? yea, i needed a little kick in the butt..
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

    http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.