BMC bikes- Mtbr.com

Thread: BMC bikes

mtbr member

BMC bikes

Anyone out there have any experience with BMCs Trial Fox 02 or Four Stroke 03 bikes? Im looking for a light weight full suspension bike (under 28 pounds) that can handle technical terrain and still climbs efficiently (Im a finesse rider and not a basher). I am leaning toward the Four Stoke, but the bad part is no one stocks BMC around here so I cannot test ride it. So if anyone out there has ridden one please send me your comments and opinions on the BMC bikes.

Thanks,

Brian

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I own one, have been pleased. It is a little flexible but them I am a little large, I swapped forks to a fox vanilla and really improved ride

I would not buy one based on the fact that their customer service sucks....my total bike cost about $3500 and you couldn't get a BMC person on the phone if someone held a gun to your head....based on that fact alone I am looking for a custom frame when I get tired of the BMC and will never by a BMC again....

if your heart is set on one, it isn't a bad frame and got lots of good reviews in the forum, but being that you are not near a dealer, I might look for something that is locally supported. my local dealer can only call QBP which is like calling wal mart

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info, but I just picked up the bike two weeks ago. My local bike shop, InGear Cycling and Fitness in Cleona PA, just became a dealer for me and hooked me up.
    I bought the Four Stroke 03 (2007 frame) with a full XT package and Thomson goodies. So far the bike exceeds my expectations; it descends and climbs well. I also have a single speed so I like to climb out of the saddle and the bike does that well (current setup is 20% sag). Just sit down and pedal and the bike just seems to float over the rocks. I only 160 pound so I dont notice any flex in the frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0