BMC anyone?- Mtbr.com

Thread: BMC anyone?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

BMC anyone?

I've done some searches and have come up with nothing on BMC bikes... and with only a few reviews on the site, I was wondering if anyone owns these guys and how they like them (I'm looking at the fourstroke myself). Thanks for the info! Pics and build lists are very welcome!

matt

Aug 2006
    I'm a fan. But a commie rider though

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbuz
    I'm a fan. But a commie rider though
    I like the look of commie's, but the meta4 is only in white

Plus, I think I can get a good deal on a bmc bike, I don't have the money so the gf would be way too mad at me ... not sure if it's worth it or not.

Anyways, how is the durability on the bmc? Oh, and any thoughts on the integrated headset? Thanks!

matt

Aug 2006
    Really stiff. I love it. I recently found out that white is the new black, it'll catch up
    For the BMC I would swap the seat post for this one, a bit shorter stem and set the seat a few mms behind.

I loved the motolite, I feel good in the commie, my third choice would be the BMC with its swiss air.
    Being swiss they are probably overengineered
    Durable as the next bike I guess, all I saw was a minor issue with their TT - Seat stay skeleton link.
    Dunno what kind a deal u can get with QBP in the middle, but under MSRP is always good I guess. Get freebies, upgrades and repairs/adjustments
    http://www.bmc-cycling.com/images/BM...Rag_Review.pdf
    I had a similar issue with my g/f but it has worked out well, I didn't get it as a toy but as a sport/health equipment... if you catch my drift

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Love love love it. Amazing handling, efficient, stiff. Heavier than I thought it would be. Durable so far.

customized
    Sep 2003
    There are more and more Fourstrokes out my way. Got the wife one and it is building up very nice. QBP has a bunch of 06 Fourstroke 03 that I am sure a shop can get anyone a great deal on.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSXer
    Love love love it. Amazing handling, efficient, stiff. Heavier than I thought it would be. Durable so far.]
    how heavy? whats your build? i'm also curious about the sizing. i am 6 ft and the 21 inch looks to be about the equivalent for me. Right now i am riding a 17" moots ybb sl which is a little to small, but light as hell, 21 lbs, my friends 18" moots is more my size, but you can't really compare the sizing for these bikes. but the 21" BMC looks like a yeti AS-R Medium? or a santa cruz blur medium? or is the 21" BMC bigger then that?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by willymcd
    how heavy? whats your build? i'm also curious about the sizing. i am 6 ft and the 21 inch looks to be about the equivalent for me. Right now i am riding a 17" moots ybb sl which is a little to small, but light as hell, 21 lbs, my friends 18" moots is more my size, but you can't really compare the sizing for these bikes. but the 21" BMC looks like a yeti AS-R Medium? or a santa cruz blur medium? or is the 21" BMC bigger then that?
    I'm 6'1" and about 225 and I ride a 21" Fourstroke Trail. I have a 140mm Fox vanilla RLC on the front. The long travel fork has raised the frame hight a bit, but not a big deal. Mine fits perfect. I had a Large ASR a few years ago and this bike fits better than it did. Hope's this helps.

Gruff

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    My custom BMC virus 01. This frame is light, fast and responsive... a great XC race bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    here you go.... an update

Been riding mostly rigid since winter and love it. Some piccys

he he
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Don't want to start another thread...

Hi all,

Been riding a Giant Trance- love it, but the frame is heavy and the few things that I would like to change would be slightly longer TT and longer WB which makes the Fourstroke fit.
    I would get a Blur, but the LT has too much travel for me and the XC is restricted to 105mm of fork travel. But the CNC and cold forged parts on the BMC just look so good- and hardly anyone rides one here! Also have the chance to get the 04 frame in race red.

My question being, has anyone tried out running 110-115mm of travel on their fourstroke. I guess it's really me being a tweaker, but I like having about 4" in the rear and a 4.5 in the front. I know that it'll slacken the angles etc. I know there are a few reviews around, but I was wanting some more opinions on frame durability and what not.

Also, is anyone using the DT 190 or a Float R (basically anything without a tunable pedal platform) that can give some feedback as to how the bike pedals? ie does it bob when out of the saddle or when you sit and put a lot of torque through etc.

Cheers,
    Simon

Members who have read this thread: 0