Best source for Marins??- Mtbr.com
    "El Whatever"

Best source for Marins??

HI all!!

What's the best place out there to order a Marin Quad TARA frame or bike???

Only place I've seen them is adrenalinebikes.com but the site has mixed reviews and basically their ordering online pretty much sucks (according to reviews, I don't have a personal experience with them).

Also, if by autumn of ealry winter somebody is selling one of those, let me know. I'd love a Quad TARA frame.

Thanks for any input!
    Warp
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    HI all!!

What's the best place out there to order a Marin Quad TARA frame or bike???

Only place I've seen them is adrenalinebikes.com but the site has mixed reviews and basically their ordering online pretty much sucks (according to reviews, I don't have a personal experience with them).

Also, if by autumn of ealry winter somebody is selling one of those, let me know. I'd love a Quad TARA frame.

Thanks for any input!
    Warp
    I used them to buy a new rear shock for my marin rock springs. but, you have to pick up the phone. their site can be lame. but they have lots of marin stuff, and I recall them as very pleasent to deal with.

mtbr member
    May 2004

definitive answer

Nice. I wil post a review at the 100 mi mark on mine, hopefully after tomorrw.

3 Options for the cost/effective.
    Either go with adrenaline bikes for the frame and shock, and you can build from there if that is what you are in to...prob. the most $$$>I did talk to these guys, and they were helpful. have to pick up the phone though.

Next, check bicycleblowoutdotcom - 04s were on clearance- 17"rocksprings. Keep in mind that the quad tara frame has not changed in the US for several years, so any model, any year since 02 (i think) is the same, only difference is the paint and shock, dep on year. they were at 1300ish.

I actually ordered a RockSprings/04 from sierratradingpostdotcom for 1030ish after shipping - retail is about 1200, but you can get 20% off using a coupon code and another 3% from signing up at fatwalletdotcom and linking in thru their site. I was planning up upgrading parts over time, but was going to ride it out of the box. Awaiting deliver, I returned it...I really was looking forward to that bike, but in the mean time:

I found a bike on ebay, all upgraded 04 attack trail. Got a great deal. There is no real demand fo rthem in the US, so prices on ebay are cheap. Fully upgraded for 1300 or so shipped. Search the marin thread fo the bike.
    I know II saw some new going for 1000 on there last week- i dont think any of the 8 or so were actually bid up over asking. PM me if you want his nickname to see if he had more. They were 05s of all sizes.
    Good luck.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Nice. I wil post a review at the 100 mi mark on mine, hopefully after tomorrw.

3 Options for the cost/effective.
    Either go with adrenaline bikes for the frame and shock, and you can build from there if that is what you are in to...prob. the most $$$>I did talk to these guys, and they were helpful. have to pick up the phone though.

Next, check bicycleblowoutdotcom - 04s were on clearance- 17"rocksprings. Keep in mind that the quad tara frame has not changed in the US for several years, so any model, any year since 02 (i think) is the same, only difference is the paint and shock, dep on year. they were at 1300ish.

I actually ordered a RockSprings/04 from sierratradingpostdotcom for 1030ish after shipping - retail is about 1200, but you can get 20% off using a coupon code and another 3% from signing up at fatwalletdotcom and linking in thru their site. I was planning up upgrading parts over time, but was going to ride it out of the box. Awaiting deliver, I returned it...I really was looking forward to that bike, but in the mean time:

I found a bike on ebay, all upgraded 04 attack trail. Got a great deal. There is no real demand fo rthem in the US, so prices on ebay are cheap. Fully upgraded for 1300 or so shipped. Search the marin thread fo the bike.
    I know II saw some new going for 1000 on there last week- i dont think any of the 8 or so were actually bid up over asking. PM me if you want his nickname to see if he had more. They were 05s of all sizes.
    Good luck.

Hey, now that's some useful info!

I'll PM when I be ready to drop the money. I'm thinking autumn or early winter, but I'm doing the homework.

I just love the Marins and I'd take even a nice used one. There's one on ebay now full XTR and other goodies... it's like 1350 now. I just wish I'd be lucky when my time comes.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004

quad vs quad tara

Hey, now that's some useful info!

I'll PM when I be ready to drop the money. I'm thinking autumn or early winter, but I'm doing the homework.

I just love the Marins and I'd take even a nice used one. There's one on ebay now full XTR and other goodies... it's like 1350 now. I just wish I'd be lucky when my time comes.
    Right on - I did find the one that is on there now, but keep in mind that THIS BIKE is the quad suspension, NOT the TARA (4-6" adjustable Travel and Rideheight Adjust) as is found HERE btw, that is the seller i was reeeeferring to.

"El Whatever"
    Right on - I did find the one that is on there now, but keep in mind that THIS BIKE is the quad suspension, NOT the TARA (4-6" adjustable Travel and Rideheight Adjust) as is found HERE btw, that is the seller i was reeeeferring to.
    Oh, man.... you just damaged my CC account....

Thanks!!

I'll try to snag that 17"

How big or small runs Marins. I'm 5'9" and around 31' inseam... I think I'm in between sizes with Marins.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    That Rock Springs on ebay is being sold by a local shop here in the bay area. I saw it personally a few weeks ago because I was considering purchasing it.

FYI: Marin's typically run their sizes pretty big. I'm 5'10 with about 31" inseam and currently ride a 17.5 Rift Zone Quad-link. After trying on the TARA frames I noticed they run quite larger. I needed a 15.5" in order to get the same standover height.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Oh, man.... you just damaged my CC account....

Thanks!!

I'll try to snag that 17"

How big or small runs Marins. I'm 5'9" and around 31' inseam... I think I'm in between sizes with Marins.
    haha, Glad to help. I am 5'11" and 31" inseam or so, and he 17.5" fits me well. I did test ride a 4" quad, and it did seem just a bit smaller than the tara. I can measure actual standover if you need.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    the Marins are big for there size.i am 5'8'' and ride a 15.5 inch east peak with a 90mm stem and it keeps me stretched out some.its about 1'' longer than the Giant NRS i used to have.

they are a great bike i have had mine for about 6 or 7 months and love it.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by ROG30Y
    the Marins are big for there size.i am 5'8'' and ride a 15.5 inch east peak with a 90mm stem and it keeps me stretched out some.its about 1'' longer than the Giant NRS i used to have.

they are a great bike i have had mine for about 6 or 7 months and love it.
    Thanks!!

That's good info. I'm on a Giant Warp now and it fits me well on the 18.5" I have. I guess I'll skip that deal on that 17.5" and maybe get a 15.5" QUAD TARA frame.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks!!

That's good info. I'm on a Giant Warp now and it fits me well on the 18.5" I have. I guess I'll skip that deal on that 17.5" and maybe get a 15.5" QUAD TARA frame.
    same seller did have a 15.5 - FYI.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    That 15.5 got snagged for $1000, with no other bidders.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by wrinklefree
    That 15.5 got snagged for $1000, with no other bidders.
    Well... I tried so bad to snag it. But the seller had specified he would not ship to Mexico and I couldn't bid. I contacted him, expressed him my wish to pay for 2nd day air, left my e-mail, etc.... and I haven't heard from him yet.

Too late. I just paypaled the money for a Titus Switchblade frame.

I really wanted the Rock Springs soo bad. But the seller didn't was like very interested.

Real and BIG bummer.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004

bummer, but...

Well... I tried so bad to snag it. But the seller had specified he would not ship to Mexico and I couldn't bid. I contacted him, expressed him my wish to pay for 2nd day air, left my e-mail, etc.... and I haven't heard from him yet.

Too late. I just paypaled the money for a Titus Switchblade frame.

I really wanted the Rock Springs soo bad. But the seller didn't was like very interested.

Real and BIG bummer.
    I have heard great things about the Titus - all that really matters is that we get out there and ride after sitting here discussing this sh!t - Have fun out there!

"El Whatever"
    I have heard great things about the Titus - all that really matters is that we get out there and ride after sitting here discussing this sh!t - Have fun out there!
    I tried a Motolite for a very short stint and I came away impressed... but then my Warp is not a benchmark at all.

Anyway, I know the SB was a nice bike and still is (but no longer in production anymore) abd I'll be happy with it.

I was more inclined to a DW-Link bike or a QUAD (I think both systems are the best out there) but I can settle with a Horst Link.
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0