The beginnings of my VF2

Printable View

• 07-28-2009
    bigguysmallbike
    The beginnings of my VF2
    Thanks to the guys at chumba, i'm now the proud owner of a Large blue VF2. Just broke down my previous bike last night. I'll be spending the next few nights swapping the parts over. I'll post additional pics with my progress...

The Build:
    Xt all around
    Easton Monkey Lite Bar
    Ergon Grips
    Thomson Stem and Post
    Crossmax SL wheels
    Soon to be Kenda Neve tires
  • 07-28-2009
    Psycho Marco
    You have a good set up, just watch out for the nevegal tires weight, they look and perform great (so I´ve heard) but they are too heavy.
  • 07-28-2009
    bigguysmallbike
    I'm currently running some 2.35 ust nevegals on my crossmaxs and they're SUPER heavy. I'm planning to drop back to 2.1. Besides, people are telling me that my rim is too narrow for a 2.35 tire. Also, think a 200lb rider is too much for crossmax sls?
  • 07-28-2009
    mrpercussive
    next few nights? i say you'll get it done by tonight... XD
  • 07-29-2009
    DirtDad
    Nice project. What is taking so long with the pics?
  • 07-30-2009
    bigguysmallbike
    Sorry for the slow build. I have summer school and my final is due this week so i've been trying to be smart with my time...

So this morning i got everything on the bike. I noticed that my 2.35 nevegals are a little bit too big for the rear triangle. Theres maybe a few mm to spare. I'm planning to order some 2.1 nevegals, or maybe try an excavator as a rear tire. I'll post pics soon...stay tuned...
  • 08-01-2009
    Stumpy_Steve
    Dude, you totally ruined the fact that I thought I was the only one in the Bay with a VF2. At least yours is a different color. I see you're in Alameda; I've been riding JMP & Redwood with my cousin lately; we should hook up for a ride!

• 08-03-2009
    bigguysmallbike
    Oh damnit..i thought i would be the first. Yeah, i love JMP. I'm probably gonna ride there this weekend. Gonna bring along my co worker whos just starting out. I'm trying to get in shape to ride demo at the end of the month.

pics on the way...Took the BLUE VF2 out for its maiden voyage. I'm still in the adjustments phase so i won't comment on ride characteristics just yet.
  • 08-03-2009
    bigguysmallbike
    Okay..here it is..all 30.07 lbs of it.

Large blue Ano VF2 frame (wRP23)
    Cane Creek Solos Headset
    XT all around
    Thomson Stem and Post
    Easton Monkeylite Bar
    Ergon Grips
    CrossMax SL grips (currently with heavy Kenda 2.35 UST Nevegal tires)
    Fox Talas Fork

todo:
    Swap out for some narrower/lighter tires...probably 2.1 ust nevegals
    Chop down the steering tube

• 08-03-2009
    Psycho Marco
    Those tires are heavy!
    I would buy some lighter non ust tires, and then use Stan´s to run them tubeless.
    You will save a LOT in weight.
  • 08-03-2009
    DirtDad
    Nice work. And nice pics, too, the blue in the sun really highlights a lot of tubing manipulation that is hard to see well in a pic.

So, when is her maiden voyage? We need a good ride report next.
  • 08-03-2009
    bigguysmallbike
    I took her out this weekend. I'm still working to get my shock setup so i don't want to give her a full ride report yet.
  • 08-04-2009
    Psycho Marco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigguysmallbike
    I took her out this weekend. I'm still working to get my shock setup so i don't want to give her a full ride report yet.

You can check competitive cyclist web page, there´s a tutorial to set the shock´s sag and everything else.

Regards