Anyone use the RF Atlas Chain Guide?- Mtbr.com
    I'm living the dream!

Anyone use the RF Atlas Chain Guide?

http://www.raceface.com/components/chainguides/74/

I'm particularly curious if it'll work with the e-type derailleur. It looks like it would essentially replace the spacer I currently run between my e-type and BB cup. Here's the question and response I got from Race Face which doesn't sound right at all:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me -- I have a Chumba XCL which requires an E-Type derailleur. Can you tell me if the Atlas guide would be compatible? Some additional info:

Atlas crank 24/36/Bash
    73mm BB
    No ISCG tabs
    One spacer between the E-Type and the bearing cup. ---
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Them -- "yes the atlas CG should work with your set up. I would run the set up like this:

BB on drive side- run the E-type derailleur bracket then the ISCG adapter plate then the BB cup.

You will have to play with the Chainline spacers but I would imagine you running both Black 1mm chainline spacers on the drive side, if that runs to tight then you can remove one of the black spacers from the set-up".
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've never used a guide before but it doesn't seem their method takes into account the boomerang itself. I was hoping someone had actual experience with this thing. Thanks for any input.

it's....
    I think RaceFace is assuming you have 68mm bb.
    You shouldn't be running any bb spacers with E-Type, since your BB is 72mm.
    Another option is this that you can use with E-Type (the BB mount version):
    http://www.blackspire.com/qs/product/83/5947/320894/0/0

I'm living the dream!
    Thanks, Strafer. I believe you're correct in that they made assumptions rather than referring back to the info I provided them.
    Have you used the Stinger-E? That thing looks like a potential nightmare for keeping the derailleur adjusted. That may not be the case but I'd hate to mess up a good thing. I literally have not made an adjustment to my front D since the first week I had my bike. I guess there's trade offs with everything.

it's....
    Sorry but I can't answer your question.
    I bypassed the headaches by going 1X9, but I do use the regular BB mount Stinger.

Members who have read this thread: 0