anyone running 08 xt shadow rear der.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007

anyone running 08 xt shadow rear der.

Broke another der. completly off. Is anyone running the new shimano shadow rear d ? Want to know how it shifts and if it'll work with sram xo. and clear horst link. thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    oh yeah on an xcl

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    Shimano rear derailleurs will not work with X0 shifters. You'd need to replace the rear shifter.

Shimano and SRAM front shifters and derailleurs are compatible, but that doesn't help you.

mtbr member
    I run the XT Shadow on 3 of my bikes - XCL, EVO and one non-Chumba bike (not my fault..holding out for a 29er)

I have no complaints. It's always worked great for me. And like Chucko mentioned, you'll need to use a Shimano shifter if you got that route.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    hey thanks for the info. Love my XO shifters and rear der. just looking for a cheaper rear der. Kinda sucked some phantom twig or something this time didn't even bang it or anything fun to speak of. tore the der. hanger clean off. Luckily noticed and stopped quick before wrecking my favorite wheel set.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by shwatzu
    hey thanks for the info. Love my XO shifters and rear der. just looking for a cheaper rear der. Kinda sucked some phantom twig or something this time didn't even bang it or anything fun to speak of. tore the der. hanger clean off. Luckily noticed and stopped quick before wrecking my favorite wheel set.
    then just go for an x9 RD... should shift just as good (just not as bling )

I'm living the dream!
    I'd go with the X9 if you're just looking for a cheaper replacement. I imagine any difference in shifting performance would be minute.

*EDIT* Crisillo beat me to it... what he said.

Members who have read this thread: 0