Anyone riding a Lynskey frame?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone riding a Lynskey frame?

Anyone out there riding a Lynskey frame? If so, I'm interested hearing what you think of your pruchase. I just ordered my fully custom last week... now the painful wait!!

MaineMud
    Oct 2004
    Painful about sums it up... Just got our deposit back.. 2 1/2 months later and almost 4 months from our original contact...The only thing going for them is Jesse, he's a straight shooter. Mark and David, the owners, didn't even have the guts to call me. They had their "sales manager", Don, do the dirty deed.

Lame.

Davis Carver

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ouch! Did they say why? Now I'm nervous... They emailed me last week to let me know they JUST started the drawing for my bike after a good 1.5 months. I could have been riding a new Seven by now.

MaineMud
    Oct 2004

Lynskey update

I just got a personal call from Mark Lynskey. I really appreciated that.

I think there is some sort of disconnect between their sales department and the brothers, who have been in the biz for a long, long time. The quality of their work is excellent...the problem seems to be communication.

I guess the moral of the story is to get a time and price commitment, and follow up on it on a weekly basis. They are worth waiting for, but it is very frustrating getting a different story every time..

Best,

Davis Carver
    www.carverbikes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thats good to hear. Mark also got in touch with me yesterday to go over the tubeset selection for my bike and said that I should see the drawing by the end of the week for approval. Whew, my faith is restored.

Part of why I went custom thru Lynskey is so I could be a part of the design process as much as I have been. Communication is an important thing with as much vested interest as we have.

I noticed your link... Does he do all your Ti frames? For me, I'm just a one time (hopefully for the sake of my bank account) customer.

Good luck

mtbr member
    i don't have one, but a buddy Neil over at adrenaline bikes has two!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    be careful when ordering a lynskey. i got a road frame and it showed up with a short top tube. seems they measure to a different point than most other companies do. so now i am stuck with a frame i can't ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    aside from having a huge marketing budget, what do these guys do that other custom builders don't?

I just don't get the attraction... I see no up side on waiting extra-long just to ride a bike I've never heard of except for the large ads that are popping up recently
    ....::::::::: WeRideBikes:::::::::....

Members who have read this thread: 0