Anyone have any experience with Ticycles in Seattle?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2004

Anyone have any experience with Ticycles in Seattle?

I'm thinking about getting a fork from them, and I just wanted to see if anyone can attest to their quality.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddindc
    I'm thinking about getting a fork from them, and I just wanted to see if anyone can attest to their quality.
    I've never ridden anything made by them (that I know of), but it's a pretty cool shop. Right next to a paved bike trail so it's nice to stop in there to chill for a minute or two. Everyone I've seen on the trail who has one of their bikes say they're great. They haven't had any problems with them or anything. Sorry I can't be more help but you may want to also post this in the WA state forum. You'll probably get more responses there.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    I've never ridden anything made by them (that I know of), but it's a pretty cool shop. Right next to a paved bike trail so it's nice to stop in there to chill for a minute or two. Everyone I've seen on the trail who has one of their bikes say they're great. They haven't had any problems with them or anything. Sorry I can't be more help but you may want to also post this in the WA state forum. You'll probably get more responses there.
    Thanks! I'll try the WA forum. And even if you haven't riden anything by them, the fact that you havn't heard anything bad about them either is helpful.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've never ridden any of their bikes, but they are my favorite shop in Seattle. I looked into a custom mtn. Ti fork but it was way out of my price range. I've seen their frame work in person and am amazed. Ask for John, he's a good guy to deal with.

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmandave
    I've never ridden any of their bikes, but they are my favorite shop in Seattle. I looked into a custom mtn. Ti fork but it was way out of my price range. I've seen their frame work in person and am amazed. Ask for John, he's a good guy to deal with.
    Thanks, Chairman. So the welds look good and clean?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks, Chairman. So the welds look good and clean?
    The welds are indeed clean. From what I know, there is only one welder for the company (the owner himself, Dave Levy). Compared to what I've seen with other Ti frames (my brother's Ti Kona, Serottas at Greggs Greenlake cycle, ) the quality is equal or perhaps better.

Mar 2004
    The welds are indeed clean. From what I know, there is only one welder for the company (the owner himself, Dave Levy). Compared to what I've seen with other Ti frames (my brother's Ti Kona, Serottas at Greggs Greenlake cycle, ) the quality is equal or perhaps better.
    I read that Dave Levy had sold the shop. Is he still building for them, or did he move on somewhere else?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I read that Dave Levy had sold the shop. Is he still building for them, or did he move on somewhere else?
    From what I read in a local business article, Levy sold the 'Ti Cycles' bike shop to a Frenchman but retains ownership of the 'Ti Cycles' bike company. He is still building Ti frames but heard that he has out-sourced the production Ti-Cycles steel frames to CoMotion in Oregon.

Mar 2004
    From what I read in a local business article, Levy sold the 'Ti Cycles' bike shop to a Frenchman but retains ownership of the 'Ti Cycles' bike company. He is still building Ti frames but heard that he has out-sourced the production Ti-Cycles steel frames to CoMotion in Oregon.
    Thanks, Chairman. You've been a terrific help sorting this out.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Thanks, Chairman. You've been a terrific help sorting this out.
    No problem. Just trying to support my local bike shop versus the local juggernaughts (Supergo and Gregg's). Here's the article I was talking about:

http://www.ticycles.com/store/Sales%...ss%20cycle.htm