Anyone familiar with a Vitus sentier vrx?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Anyone familiar with a Vitus sentier vrx?

So Iím looking at a Vitus sentier vrx hardtail. I havenít seen much about them but the bike seems to have pretty decent components on it. I was just curious if anyone had any real world experience with this bike and what there thoughts are about it. Here is a link to the bike. Check out the specs and let me know if itís worth the money or if there is anything better for the price. Vitus

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Did you ever get one?

I too am strongly considering one of these. I'd appreciate any input as well.

They're specd out nicely with only a few downsides as I see it.
    I'm really torn between this and a Commencal Meta HT (Origin or Essential), and a Salsa Timberjack GX1 (I know the Timberjack is a slightly different animal, but it rides nice and is a good value - so it's on the list.)
    The only downsides I see with the Vitus is the hub/wheel/tire combination. I'd rather have a 2.8" tire with a i35 or larger rim. Also internal cable routing would be nice, though not a deal breaker.
    The up sides are the rest of the kit. Decent spec Shimano gear vs SRAM NX and level or Tektro brakes on the other two. Nice fork as well. Dropper post is nice too though not necessary. I've never had one and don't feel it holds me back. I'm not to that level yet.

The price differences further compound my dilemma however as the Meta Origin is only $1100 which leaves room to upgrade the brakes and or drivetrain.
    The Meta Essential's main attractions are the RS Yari fork, rims and tires. Wins the sexiness award hands down however FWIW.
    With the Essential there is no $ left for upgrades at least in the near future.

The Timberjack on the other hand has the NX kit with GX rear der. Nice fork, Excellent rims and okay tires. The only one with adjustable CS length and room for 3.0" tires if I ever wanted. Not much room left $ wise for upgrades immediately either.

Bottom line is if the Vitus had better rims and tires It would be a no brainer for me.

Does it make sense to just get it and ride for a year or so as equipped and then upgrade hubs, rims, and tires?

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions, advice.