Anyone else love their Gunnar???- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Back on the wagon
    Reputation: PutAwayWet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,088

    Anyone else love their Gunnar???

    I haven't seen anything on Gunnars here, so I figured I'd start a thread. I've got an '04 Gunnar Rockhound. I would sleep with that bike if my gf wouldn't throw me out of the house! It's set up with:

    Cane Creek S6 Headset
    Easton EA70 15 deg 90 mm stem
    Easton EA70 flat bar
    Avid 7 rim brakes
    Race Face Evolve XC cranks / BB (which I'm on my third one of in ONE season.. )
    Thompson Elite Seatpost
    Eggbeaters Candy SL Pedals
    Bontrager Mustang/XT hub in front
    Mavic 817/XT hub in rear
    XT 9sp front/rear der
    SRAM chain
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1 tires

    I ride this bike pretty hard, and it has never let me down. It has an absolutely beautiful paint job, and is hand built in the US by Waterford Cycles. The best part? It's HALF the price of an IF, Seven, or other big name indy bike builder. You get to choose your color, and custom geometries are available, too.

    So who else is riding a Gunnar out there???

    Gunnar Bikes
    RIDE HARD, live easy.

  2. #2
    Black Lion
    Reputation: yogreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,431
    Quote Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
    I haven't seen anything on Gunnars here, so I figured I'd start a thread. I've got an '04 Gunnar Rockhound. I would sleep with that bike if my gf wouldn't throw me out of the house! It's set up with:

    Cane Creek S6 Headset
    Easton EA70 15 deg 90 mm stem
    Easton EA70 flat bar
    Avid 7 rim brakes
    Race Face Evolve XC cranks / BB (which I'm on my third one of in ONE season.. )
    Thompson Elite Seatpost
    Eggbeaters Candy SL Pedals
    Bontrager Mustang/XT hub in front
    Mavic 817/XT hub in rear
    XT 9sp front/rear der
    SRAM chain
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1 tires

    I ride this bike pretty hard, and it has never let me down. It has an absolutely beautiful paint job, and is hand built in the US by Waterford Cycles. The best part? It's HALF the price of an IF, Seven, or other big name indy bike builder. You get to choose your color, and custom geometries are available, too.

    So who else is riding a Gunnar out there???

    Gunnar Bikes

    I love your Gunnar though, it is very sweet.
    I can testify to how "pretty" hard this rig gets ridden.

    ps. get some new tires those fires are balony skins, bro

    Greg
    Voltron

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    29

    My Rockhound

    Here's my Rockhound.

    It's a new bike so I can't comment on the ride. It's a little too muddy in Indiana right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Back on the wagon
    Reputation: PutAwayWet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by yogreg
    I love your Gunnar though, it is very sweet.
    I can testify to how "pretty" hard this rig gets ridden.

    ps. get some new tires those fires are balony skins, bro

    Greg
    Balony skins? I'm trying to get rid of the knobs so I can ride them on the road! And besides, who doesn't love the challenge of no traction on trail???
    RIDE HARD, live easy.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    22

    I love my gunnar too.

    Here is my rigid Gunnar Roack hound in all of its glory.

    It is so great to ride that it is tough to describe all of its great qualities.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    Back on the wagon
    Reputation: PutAwayWet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by strongislandsser
    Here is my rigid Gunnar Roack hound in all of its glory.

    It is so great to ride that it is tough to describe all of its great qualities.
    Nice fork! When my RS Duke blew I had a Vicious rigid on my rockhound for a while. That fork is amazing.
    RIDE HARD, live easy.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    22

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
    Nice fork! When my RS Duke blew I had a Vicious rigid on my rockhound for a while. That fork is amazing.
    Yes, the fork is sweet.

    With the Carbon bar, steel frame and fork, and mutano raptors on it I swear it feels like I have 1'' suspension front and back.

    So far I couldn't be more pleased

  8. #8
    customized
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,123
    Mr. Drivetrain Destroyer...

    I understand the need for steel now. Thank god they make such a thing. You would blow through frames like you do hubs, bottom brackets and cassettes.

    Need the status of that trip down south. I haven't found any interest.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    60
    I love my 1999 rock hound... It's matte blue with really crappy stickers and no clear coat. Pretty tough looking and it treats me right. I rode a few other frames including an Intense Tracer but nothing keeps me coming back like that little steel hot dog.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stinkymutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    113

    my second wife...

    ruffian w/ silver/blue flade paint
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.