Any Soulcraft riders?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Any Soulcraft riders?

Been debating on replacing my bike with either a Soulcraft or something like a SC Blur or Turner etc etc. Leaning towards the Soulcraft, basically because I really love the feel of a hardtail. The custom feeling of steel would be better than the aluminum I am currently on now too I am told. I live in the Bay Area so I figure Petaluma isnt that far away to get one fitted for me.

Anyone ride one? Experiences? Good or Bad. Customer service? etc etc. I know their frames are not cheap so I want to make sure I am making the right decision.

thanks

here is a picture of the bike it would be replacing....gives you some idea of type of bike I am coming off of.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Do it...do it now.

I don't post...normally, but I need to voice my support for Soulcraft. I can say definitively that my Soulcraft is my favorite bike to ride (I also own a Klein Attitude Race, Intense Tracer, and a SantaCruz Superlight). My other bikes have been just sitting there for about a year and a half now. The ride is so stable, predictable and makes me a better rider than I actually am. Matt and Shawn will take care of you. They do such a wonderful job when it comes to customer service. You can probably get steel bikes of the same build quality elsewhere, but you're also buying into a company. You won't be sorry. Here's a pic of mine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    If you go the hardtail route, definitely go with a Soulcraft. I've had my Plowboy for 3.5 years or so, and still love it.

contains quinine
    mwills has 2. If you search his posts over at the 29'er board, you should run accross some pictures, and some of his kind words about his bikes.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

It's always greener

Can't tell you about the ride...but I've got pictures

I'm just building up a Holy Roller (29er)...pictures here...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=107322

I can tell you that it was a pleasure working with Sean at Soulcraft...went out there to the barn for a fitting and discussion, then picked the frame up last week...the frame looks beautiful, and like you, I"m excited, since I've been riding a Cannondale since like 1990 or so...

Stay tuned to the 29er board for a complete build and ride report.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Soulcraft or SC Blur?

I live in the North Bay and see the Soulcraft moniker on every ride, have friends who ride them and love them. I ride a custom steel hardtail(single speed) by another builder and own a Santa Cruz Blur as well. I almost invariably choose the steel hardtail over the Blur. Yes suspension is fun and takes the roughness out of our local park (annadel) but the light nimble feel of a steel hardtail is tough to beat. I also came from an aluminum hardtail and the first ride on my custom steel was eyeopening, the bike did everything better climb, negotiate single track, descend. I would go for the Soulcraft, the guys there will take good care of you and provide a bike that is a pleasure to ride.

Hope this helped

good ol dog dreams
    Apr 2004

Good job!

I've had a Soulcraft for 3 years and love it! I have always been a steel hardtail junky and I can honestly say the Soulcraft has been the best riding hardtail I've ridden. I did just recently buy a Titus Moto-lite and love it but I still ride the Soulcraft at least 1/2 of my rides. I have a Convert SS kit I am putting back on and plan to ride it even more. Anytime I call them they are great, friendly, and very grateful to have folks on their bikes. My next frame will be a Plowboy for sure!