Any pics of the Evo in Candy Chrome built?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any pics of the Evo in Candy Chrome built?

Looking for a pic of the Evo in Candy Chrome. Please post a pic, so that I can show my wifey what it will look like when I'm done with mine. Hope to get mine within the month.

Also, what fork is everyone running? I was thinking about either the Pike or 32 Talas RLC.

locked - time out
    Go to Chumbas website. The evo section has plenty of pictures of the candy red built.

IMO the EVO deserves more fork than a Pike or 32. More like a 36 or 66. If you only need a 32 or pike then get the XCL.

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottandhisdog
    Looking for a pic of the Evo in Candy Chrome. Please post a pic, so that I can show my wifey what it will look like when I'm done with mine. Hope to get mine within the month.

Also, what fork is everyone running? I was thinking about either the Pike or 32 Talas RLC.
    You'd probably be under gunned with either of those forks. The EVO was designed around a 6" fork and the shorter axle to crown of a 5" fork would probably steepen up the head angle a bit and make the bike ride funky . I'd suggest a 6" fork and the new 08 Fox 36 Talas looks pretty cool.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Older than I feel
    Aug 2006
    32 Talas is a great fork... for the XCL. Get something bigger for the Evo.

mtbr member
    Yeah, the pics on the website, can't be copied and then printed out. I just wanted to see some variety of forks, etc.

All good points about the fork. I was just trying to save some cabbage, and weight. I figured a 5.5" fork would be enough. I also need to get a new front hub if I go with a TA fork.

local trails rider
    Yeah, the pics on the website, can't be copied and then printed out.
    Yes they can: just right click on the pic, somewhere where the pointer is an arrow.

Or, press the Print Screen button, open an image editor like Paint and paste.

mtbr member
    I ran a pike on my Evo for a year or so, great fork. It does steepen the head angle a bit, but I liked it better for trail riding, and still set the lyrik to around 145mm for the same kind of stuff. The only reason I switched it out is that, being around 230 lbs with gear, I had to run the extra stiff spring all the time, and it definitely affected it's performance on the smaller stuff.
    Now with the lyrik and it's extra 20mm of travel, I can get away with the firm spring and some compression damping when I'm just riding, and put the extra firm in when I go to jump or ride dh. This combo has been working really well so far, and the fatter stanchions and lowers of the lyrik look better with the Evo's fat tubes.
    Both of my RS forks are coil, btw, I have no experience, and probably never will, with the air models of anyone's fork.
    Good luck, the Evo rules!

nerfherder
    I think the Pike has the same A to C as the Mav DUC32. If so, since I rode an EVO with the DUC32, I think the geo will be fine. It feels snappy and alive with that geo. And still one of the best descending trail bikes I've ever ridden.

mtbr member
    Here's the pics from the Chumba website:

And here's mine in Candy Red Chrome as well

I'm running an 08 Talas 36 RC2 now, but just recently came off an 2006 Marzocchi All Mountain 1. If you want to save yourself some coin, you can try one of the Marzocchi All Mountain series with 150mm travel, QR and ETA. I believe you might even find some on closeout now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubjay
    And here's mine in Candy Red Chrome as well

I'm running an 08 Talas 36 RC2 now, but just recently came off an 2006 Marzocchi All Mountain 1. If you want to save yourself some coin, you can try one of the Marzocchi All Mountain series with 150mm travel, QR and ETA. I believe you might even find some on closeout now.
    Very well done, and I love that color. Why did you switch out the fork? Not enough travel, or was it something mechanical? I am debating about which fork to put on her, but hope to get mine soon.

mtbr member
    Very well done, and I love that color. Why did you switch out the fork? Not enough travel, or was it something mechanical? I am debating about which fork to put on her, but hope to get mine soon.
    I actually wanted to upgrade to a 20mm axle and also the fact that the Talas travel adjust is so much more usable than the ETA.

Members who have read this thread: 0