Any info for Summit Frames?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2004

Any info for Summit Frames?

I just bought a Summit XCR (don't have it yet) and I am trying to find some info about the company. I found some very basic info on the web thru a google search, but the email address for them listed on that page is invalid.

I am wondering if anyone has seen or riden these bikes? They seem to be a small west coast builder which may be why I have never heard of them over here in Florida. I am trying to get some info before I get the frame about the bottom bracket size, headtube length for an 18 inch frame, top or bottom pull derailleur, and fd clamp size. The person I bought the bike from didn't know much about it and was said to be selling it for someone else.

The frame is supposed to be Tange Prestige DB tubing, and I only paid $100 for it, so I am not too worried about it if it isn't all it's said to be, but I would like to know some history of the builder if anyone has any info.

Jul 2004
    Well, I was asking about Summit frames because I bought one on eBay. The info I found on the web stated the frame I bought (XCR) retailed for $640. but I got it for $100 plus shipping. The frame has some very small chain suck scratches and some slight marring of a decal, but other than that, it is in new mint condition. The paint is amazing. A very nice green color with a slight teal tint to it. It is a handbuilt frame using Tange Prestige double butted tubing and the welds are flawless. I don't have it built yet, so I can't comment on the ride, but the frame is just beautiful. I am thinking of building it with new XT components and either a Marz Marathon SL fork, or staying rigid with a Ti On-One fork for it. I bought this frame to build as my commuter bike, but it's just too nice looking to relegate it to riding back and forth to school on. Here are a few pics.

By the way, the company has since gone out of business, and that's a shame because this really is one nice looking frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images