Any custom builders using a single pivot (Read: Santa Cruz) full sus. rear?- Mtbr.com
    No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Any custom builders using a single pivot (Read: Santa Cruz) full sus. rear?

I'm still a hardtail rider (an Eastern Woods Research Woods Bike and an "aggressive trails" style. No big hucks for me!) but know that the day will come when I will probably need to switch to a full sus. to keep me (and my body) happy. Trail time gets more and more scarce with having a family now. Plus, I'm in my mid 30's and I just don't recover like I used to.

Anyway, I know how many builders out there use Titus and Ventana rears and I think that they're both great companies and designs. But, I love the simplicity of the single pivot rear sus.
    I know that I could just go buy a SC Heckler, but I've only supported the "big brands" in my first year or two of mountain biking and prefer to ride something MADE and not just "designed" in the U.S. of A. Been supporting small companies ever since in both my frame choices and in my parts. (As much as parts are possible...Paul's, Chris King, etc.)

I know that Tonic Fabrications made a steel SC Bullit aftermarket rear (called the B.A.D.) a few years ago but don't think that it's currently being made.

So. Anyone have any information?
    Thanks!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Well, if you supply the swingarm we'll build you a custom front end out of anything you like.

Not the cheapest solution, but definitely a possibility.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

That's funny. I was just on your site the other day...

And knew that we had spoken about EWR(esque) frames per my owning/riding an Original Woods Bike frame.
    It's been a thought for some time. Would involve a few factors coming together. (Getting the OK here at home from my wife, house projects, how bad my back may have felt from my last ride, the $ factor of the rest of the components that I would choose, etc.) You know the deal and how all of that goes.

That said, I appreciate your offer to tackle such a project. I'll definitely drop you a line when the time comes as I love what I've seen of your work. That, and you seem to have the respect of the mtbr community.

I'm going to poke around and see what it would take to just get a Santa Cruz swingarm...
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Well, perhaps it's best that I not mention we're trading e-mails with a customer who wants an EWResque 29er frame......in Titanium.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

If it ends up looking anything like the proto drawing you posted...

The one that looked like the Original Woods Frame. (bent downtube)

It should turn out to be one sweet frame!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Orange in Uk are semi custom and have a variety of very accompished SPs

Members who have read this thread: 0