any copies of this bike out there?- Mtbr.com
    FAT CHANCE!

any copies of this bike out there?

Is there any company making a copy frame of the schwinn homegrown limited frame. I had one of these till it was stolen, but that bike was stupid light! I would like to know if any company was or is able to build a bike that has that "Ram Air Seat Stay Yoke" That was a sweet design!!! Stiff and light! Great for racing and climbing up steep hills.

thanks

mtbr member
    The cool thing about that frame was that it was a light affordable XC race frame with Schwinn stickers but made by Yeti. It was considerably lighter than an ARC.

The seatstay setup is just a gimmick. Pretty much any well designed Al frame using something like Easton Elite tubing will be just as light and ride pretty much the same.

There's quite a few builders making really nice Aluminium XC race frames that are worth checking out.
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

FAT CHANCE!

cough up the info......

Do you have any that you would recommend? I am looking to move to the Yeti AS-R next year as my training/racing bike. But I would like to build up a nice single speed Aluminum hart tail and really wish I hade that Schwinn to do it with. I would like to get a frame below $500 so I am not looking for the big names out there. I just want something with similar geometry to the Schwinn HG limited, around the same weight +/- a couple 1/10ís of a pound, and inexpensive as this is going to be a ride that I just go on fun easy rides with.

mtbr member
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

FAT CHANCE!
    thanks,

I did see a couple of those already. Thanks for digging up that stuff!

Members who have read this thread: 0