AM2000 specs- Mtbr.com

Thread: AM2000 specs

Low speed, High Drag

AM2000 specs

I just bought an '05 AM2000 frame off ebay, and need a little help. I can't find any technical specs on the bike, and I think I'm gonna need 'em, to put it together.

Does anybody have a link to this info, or can they give it to from a bike they've put together?

A real big help would be, the rear shock specs. It's got a Fox DHX 3.0 on it, and I need to know the length/stroke, and stock spring weight, in pounds. I'm 5'11" and weigh 210 lbs. and I'm almost certain the rear shock will be too soft.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin.

mtbr member
    Try this link to calculate your spring rate :http://www.igorion.com/_coilspring/. Just wondering how much you paid for the frame? I know for a fact that your frame has adjustable travel 4-5-6 and leverage ratio (2:1 / 2.5:1 / 3:1) therefore your spring rate would be highly dependent on the amount of travel / leverage ratio that you plan to use.

The good thing about that frame is that you can build it as a light x-country bike (4 inch travel); as a dedicated all mountain bike (5 inch travel); or light freeride bike (6 inch travel).
    The frame would be rather heavy to be built as a light x-country bike because of the beefy tubing; although you can replace the DHX 3.0 with a light air shock such as a Swinger 3-way, RS Pearl, or Fox RP3. The DHX 3.0 just begs to be built up as a light freeride machine.

If you decide to use it for all mountain use, the '05-06 Marzocchi All Mountain 1 or SL with a 130-150mm travel would be perfect for it. Id slap in some Mavic Crossmax XL's shod with Panaracer Rampage 2.35 tires. For drivetrain & brakes, i would do full XT dual control hydaulics; XT F/R Derailleur; XT Hollowtech 2 cranks, XT 11-34 cassette, & XTR chain; nrakes would be XT dual piston hydros with 7" front & 6" rear. For the cockpit, Id use Easton EA50 mid rise bars and Vice 65mm stem & EA50 31.6 seatpost. I would use WTB Rocket V's and Lizard Skins MOAB ODI lockons. If you have extra money, a Roco Air shock would balance out the All mountain SL or the ROCO TST Coil would balance out the AM1.
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

Low speed, High Drag
    Thanks for the link, Nick.

I got the frame for $257.00, plus $40.00 for shipping. Not to bad of a deal, I guess.

I've got a Prophet, that's going to donate most of it's parts, to build the KHS. I'm putting my Pike 426 on the front, and might change out rear shocks, if I decide I don't like the DHX.

I'll post a pic, when I'm done.

mtbr member
    That is a sweet deal! I paid 399+shipping for mine and the FR2000 originally came with a Swinger 3 way coil with no Piggyback so your deal is better.

I originally ran my back with 5 x 5 travel with my old All Mountain 3 air and the Swinger 3 way. I later did a warranty claim with the 3 way which Manitou conveniently replaced with a 6 way. That is when I decided to run it at 6 inches at the back as well as replace the fork with a Z1FR3 @150mm.

As my rides became more aggressive, I noticed that the Z1 cannot keep up with the Swinger, thus I traded in my All Mountain 3 thru Marzocchi's trade in program. I paid $540 for my 66 rc2x last June and has since been a happy camper.

Now I am contemplating in balancing the travel at the rear by swapping my 7.5 x 2.0 Swinger 6 way to a 7.875 x 2.25. This would make my travel 6.7front x 6.7rear but would steepen my HA by 1/2 a degree as well as increase my BB height. It's OK because I have a 67 degree HA and I still plan to run 40% sag which should bring down the BB height and slacken the HA.

I hope that you have fun building and riding your bike as I am
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DH:Mountain Cycle Shockwave 9.5 w/ 888R
    FR:Marin Quake w/ 888RC
    AM:BMC Superstroke 01 w/ 66RC2X

Members who have read this thread: 0