2007 chumba info- Mtbr.com

Aug 2005

2007 chumba info

Hey just wondering when Chumba will update website with the 2007 info, ie buildkit and pricing info? Are there any online retailers that have this info up yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    check this link..

http://uintabicycles.com/_wsn/page3.html

this is what I have from Chumba from earlier this year...ie may be subject to some change.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

wheels

just got word from Chumba that wheels may actually be DT swiss.

mtbr member
    We will also be offering a CHUMBA wheelset. It will be a 20mm hub that is convertible to a 10mm axle, and a 10mm rear axle. I'll post some pics of them when we get them in.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Shameless Plug

www.plushrides.com.au

but includes a standard build option....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHUMBAevo
    We will also be offering a CHUMBA wheelset. It will be a 20mm hub that is convertible to a 10mm axle, and a 10mm rear axle. I'll post some pics of them when we get them in.
    The front hub should be convertible to a 9mm axle. That's the standard size for the front. Is there a 5mm QR option too?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by PlushRides
    www.plushrides.com.au

Man, I thought us Canadians had it rough when it comes to buying a mountainbike. I would be riding a sp rigid down under.

Aug 2005
    www.plushrides.com.au

I know you guys are an island but man is that ever expensive, US$4,594.78 is what that works out to. Do you guys have a hefty import duty like we Canadians do? Ours is 15% per bike assembled outside of the country. So I guess this means I can't complain about the price of bike parts in Canada anymore. thanx for providing the silver lining to my dark cloud.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by walrasian
    I know you guys are an island but man is that ever expensive, US$4,594.78 is what that works out to. Do you guys have a hefty import duty like we Canadians do? Ours is 15% per bike assembled outside of the country. So I guess this means I can't complain about the price of bike parts in Canada anymore. thanx for providing the silver lining to my dark cloud.
    Only 15%? its almost worth the winter. No, down here we get import taxes plus have to put 10% on all items, as we have Goods and Services Taxes (GST). If you do a comparison between what you have to pay for other "nice" brands down here vs. a CHUMBA I think you would see that we offer very good prices, no mercedes for us.... .

Aug 2005
    Only 15%? its almost worth the winter. No, down here we get import taxes plus have to put 10% on all items, as we have Goods and Services Taxes (GST). If you do a comparison between what you have to pay for other "nice" brands down here vs. a CHUMBA I think you would see that we offer very good prices, no mercedes for us.... .
    Wasn't implying that the chumba was expensive, just that everything in Australia is expensive . In Canada we don't include taxes in the price because it is a consumer cost, but we include duties because they are a producer/seller cost. Maybe that is the difference?
    BTW our GST is 6% and we also have a provincial sales tax as well. In my province total sales tax is 14%. Maybe that could be the silver lining to your gray cloud.......or that you have beautiful weather and koala bears..........

Members who have read this thread: 0