2006 Evo- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2006 Evo

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

2006 Evo

Hi,
    I'm considerig buying a 2006 EVO, and would like to hear if there are significant changes from the 2007 model, and if it worth adding $500 to the 2007 model.

One more thing, where can I find the 2006 geometry chart?

locked - time out
    What kind of riding you looking to do? The geo between the '06 and '07 are different.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

I can describe it as All mountain

Single tracks, rocky roads, steep descents, and also climbing to them..
    I'm a heavy rider, 240lbs, and need therfore stronger frame (broke 3 Prophet frames)

locked - time out
    You may want to invest the extra $$$ and get the '07. Steeper seat angle for climbing, and decends better than anything out there.
    The '06 has a slacker seat angle which is great for DH/FR but makes for a very light front end on the climbs.
    Also since your a big dewd you might want to look into running a coil.

Hope this helps a little.

mtbr member
    I think TIMBERRR about summed it up. I run about the same weight as you and I have to add upon what he said about the coil rear shock.

I was not able to get the DHX A to perform the way I wanted it to, and have since replaced it with a coil shock. The difference is night and day, and I'm so glad I made the upgrade.
    If you can get the shop you buy it the frame from to credit you a reasonable amount, I'd think of having them switch it out for you before they ship it.

I have the '06 Evo and don't have a problem climbing on it, but the front end does wander a little. I put a 110mm stem on her and have a zero setback seat post, and I use the travel adjust on my fork when I climb to minimize this affect as I have to earn almost all my downs around here.

Members who have read this thread: 0