100mm stem too long for Evo?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2005

100mm stem too long for Evo?

Is 100mm stem too long for an Evo? Coming from a hard tail xc bike, im use to riding with a bit stretched position. I know Evo is not an xc bike, i just feel so upright. Im 6' tall and will be riding a large Evo. Anyone with 100mm stem set up? Thanks.

BMJ
    "55 lbs and climbing!"

I'm runnin 110.

I like to be able to climb as well as decend. I find the top tube length kinda short and the 110 works for me to get a little more stretched out and over the front wheel for the climbs. I've got long arms and have no problem getting back behind the seat on the descents so I don't feel the need for a stubby stem.

The EVO can be a great climber (albeit it be heavy) if the cockpit is set up right!

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJ
    I like to be able to climb as well as decend. I find the top tube length kinda short and the 110 works for me to get a little more stretched out and over the front wheel for the climbs. I've got long arms and have no problem getting back behind the seat on the descents so I don't feel the need for a stubby stem.

The EVO can be a great climber (albeit it be heavy) if the cockpit is set up right!
    Hi thanks, just thinking of using lay (laid) back seatpost then a 90mm stem. Just dont know how my climbing will be.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    100mm stems are too long for a majority of bikes imo...

yarrrp
    May 2007
    try some different lengths out. ask your buddies to swap if they have a shorter one for a ride. I ride long xc rides on a 50mm stem. climing is hard no matter what might as well be able to send it on the way down. imo

Members who have read this thread: 0