'06 Marin Quad Tara, anyone get one yet?- Mtbr.com
    Yes, that's fonetic

'06 Marin Quad Tara, anyone get one yet?

I'm looking to move up in travel from my XC Quad link and am thinking about the new Tara (supposed to be some significant changes to the frame from the '05).
    Any reviews available out there?

Jul 2005

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by 856er
    Yeah, like I said they've changed the frame a bit from that '04 test (which I learned about from that second article last week). The BikeMagic site, however is "in association with Marin" and I was looking for a more objective review from someone here who had actually ridden/bought one and doesn't work for Marin.

Thanks.... anyone interested in an 04 quad XC frame?

Jul 2005
    Just read some info on 06 Marin range in What MTB (UK Mag),quoting direct from artical here.

Popular QUAD-link frame back end remains the unchanged on the XC bikes.But the 4in to 6in adjustable TARA range has changed faily dramatically in geometry and ride feel.The B/Bs have been moved forward,the seat angle has relaxed,and steeper head tubes help make the pedal to front wheel axle length shorter.The result is sharper handling and more stability at low speeds.The monocoque frame sections have changed,with "indents and power bulges to increase stiffness"and a new Jon Whyte designed ergonomic seat clamp is worthy of attention too: it uses a 'window' in the top of the seat tube instead of the usual squashable slot,the light spoon-like QR lever,which also features on the rear shock travel adjust slot,simply pushes a clamp plate onto the back of the seat post.

Hope this info is a little use.

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by 856er
    Just read some info on 06 Marin range in What MTB (UK Mag),quoting direct from artical here.

Popular QUAD-link frame back end remains the unchanged on the XC bikes.But the 4in to 6in adjustable TARA range has changed faily dramatically in geometry and ride feel.The B/Bs have been moved forward,the seat angle has relaxed,and steeper head tubes help make the pedal to front wheel axle length shorter.The result is sharper handling and more stability at low speeds.The monocoque frame sections have changed,with "indents and power bulges to increase stiffness"and a new Jon Whyte designed ergonomic seat clamp is worthy of attention too: it uses a 'window' in the top of the seat tube instead of the usual squashable slot,the light spoon-like QR lever,which also features on the rear shock travel adjust slot,simply pushes a clamp plate onto the back of the seat post.

Hope this info is a little use.
    Thanks for that. Still looking for a warm body that actually has tested/bought one....anyone yet?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

OK here's the strange part...

The Marin UK site shows the all new TARA frames (as shown on BM) while the US site shows their 06 as looking exactly the same as last year?! Is it possible that only the UK will get these new frames?

Haven't ridden one yet. My LBS still has 05's they're trying to sell.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck
    Thanks.... anyone interested in an 04 quad XC frame?
    If I would have the money, I wouldn't hesitate on getting one... trust me!
    Check my Site

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp2003
    If I would have the money, I wouldn't hesitate on getting one... trust me!
    I may end up keeping it as 'the light bike' (it's under 27lbs), but I'm jonesing for more travel. Still love it though.

Members who have read this thread: 0