05-06 KHS riders -- H-bar?- Mtbr.com
    Uncle

05-06 KHS riders -- H-bar?

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...17596#poststop

I just posted this a few days ago, but I'm not getting feedback from people with experience. Found this "carbon" bar for $20 online, and it's a spec'ed part on 05 or 06 higher end KHS XC bikes.

Anyone USING one of these bars, and have opinions about it? I'm not looking for opinions about it based on what you read here or on the website -- I have that already, and I can read. I'm really only seeking people's experience with this product

Thanks for any 1st hand knowledge.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    If its the bar I'm thinking of (I used to work at a KHS dealer), its an aluminum bar wrapped in carbon, not a true carbon bar. It''s pretty heavy (listed at 220g and lower end components hardly ever weigh their claimed weights). So basically, the carbon is there for show, but a sweet looking bar for $20, I guess you can't go wrong.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    And I just want to add, I have the aluminum Q2 seatpost (same brand as that bar you linked to) on my 07 KHS and it's a very high quality piece, very light, and good clamping mechanism. It's the only non name brand name part that came on the bike, but I see absolutely no need to replace it.

Uncle

Update -- bought two

I picked up two of these bars, and they're pretty light; I think the 220g claim is a good one. I actually like the alloy core -- piece of mind I guess. Best surprise about them is that they look sweet with no logos!

Members who have read this thread: 0