On*One- Mtbr.com

Thread: On*One

Apr 2007

On*One

I have been really looking at the Inbred 29er, as another project I have be searching for a frame to replace my Park Bike, and the owner wants to sell a 26" Inbred 456, I was blown away by the wait or lack there of, Thoughts/ Opinions?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I had a slot dropout inbred, that I recently slod to finance another bike project..... I loved the frame..the quality and paint job is awesome.

The geometry is great for running big forks...the headtube is a bit short, but works good with a big fork

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Got my Inbred a few weeks ago. My first SS and I love it. High quality bike for a fair price.

single speeder
    Sep 2006
    I love my Inbred 29 SS with the On One CF fork, Rampage29 tires. Reasonable price and weight.

Designated Bleeder

I have a lovely baby blue 456 and I have been pretty pleased with it. Its a great deal lighter than the Surly Instigator I used to own and is certainly as capable. The 456 can take some moderate drops and kicks on singletrack. I run mine as a singlespeed and it works well but I have had some chainline issues. Not sure if it has to do with the frame or the components I am user to convert the vertical dropouts.

I run a 150mm fork on it right now and I am starting to think that is too tall. I love the squish but it slows the steering down a bit too much and can be a challenge when cresting steep climbs (especially standing and grinding that one speed).

I have been considering converting the 456 to a 96er as a winter project. Anybody done this? It seems like a 29" wheel would fit in the front. Not sure what it would do to the handling though. Just a thought.

SpK

Members who have read this thread: 0