This weekend and next weekend - Monroe, Trumbull & Stamford- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

This weekend and next weekend - Monroe, Trumbull & Stamford

I am going to be hitting some trails this weekend and next weekend. First I want to hit the Monroe/Trumbull trail which isn't too crazy but after riding it on my hybrid can't wait to see what my MB will do to it.

Also, a long time ago (before Y2K) there was a trail in Stamford I rode the bike on and I remember it being a lot of fun. I looked it up and found this:
    Merribrook Lane, Stamford, CT 06902
    Mianus State Park

This might be it but since it was so long ago I am not 100% sure but there aren't many parks in Stamford: at least parks you want to ride a bicycle at.

So as I was saying I will be hitting one or both of them this weekend and the next.

Not exactly sure on the day yet because trying to coordinate getting help from my kid on getting some yard-work done.

If anyone care to come with please let me know.

I am a newbie that could be in better shape but that will change in time. So don't expect some Evil Kenevil.

mtbr member
    Howdy and yeah that Stamford one is Mianus park, and is on the trail reviews on this site with a few parking choices. It is well ridden, and the lots can get full on weekends. Nice trail, with more choices in the area like Cranberry park Norwalk, and Wilton woods. The more you ride, & the better you get, the more fun the trails become!
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

mtbr member
    Found the trail review section late last night and very cool. The only thing I wish is you could change the organization. I see it's organized by trail name but with myself I am not familiar with the names. So you would have to carefully scroll and find the town you would be in and look up the trail. I also bought this book at one of the bike stores that list all the CT trails, rates them, gives an idea the conditions, and so on.

Do we have any other people from CT that post in the CT section? So far only gotten replies from you which I appreciate don't get me wrong.

BTW I am in Sandy Hook and really not far at all from Oxford. Let me know if you want to meet up some place in our area.

Forgot, to mention so as it stands now my kid is coming over on Saturday to help me with yard-work. I am sure this is going to exhaust us so riding on Saturday is out but all for Sunday and hope she comes too. She is a little daredevil and I like it. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    From Killingly, CT.....in the Northeast corner. PM sent.

See my post in the CT section about NE CT....lots of guys posted in the area.

-Rick

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicch95 View Post
    From Killingly, CT.....in the Northeast corner. PM sent.

See my post in the CT section about NE CT....lots of guys posted in the area.

-Rick
    Are you talking about the group referencing it being in Facebook?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by uncaged View Post
    Are you talking about the group referencing it being in Facebook?
    Nope.....post is here http://forums.mtbr.com/connecticut-r...g-1010502.html

mtbr member
    Well 2 down and hoping to do the Stamford one soon.

I did it about 16 or more years ago, and remember very little except having fun. I hear some things have changed so we will see. Hope I can find it again. Clear directions seem to be hard to find on some of these trails.