Tour de Lyme- Mtbr.com

Thread: Tour de Lyme

mtbr member

Tour de Lyme

Has anyone ridden it in the past? Anyone riding it this year? There's a few rides to choose from, both road and mountain, and my understanding is it's very popular, and very well supported. For example, on their FB page they had a post where they are clearing the trails out and getting them into shape. Here's a link:

http://www.tourdelyme.org/

I have never ridden it but will probably give the 25 mile mtb version a go. I know some guys go off the front as an unofficial race, but I won't be one of them. My goal would be to finish, challenge myself, and have a good time.

mtbr member
    Looks awesome...close to me and I would love to try the 25er too but can't swing it this year. Good luck!
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...

mtbr member
    Well, I finished it. I'm glad I rode it, and will consider it again next year.

On the positive side, some of it takes place over some really nice land you can't ride any other time of the year. Also, the trails up, and down, Mt. Archer were wonderful. Those who rode the short version missed out on this. After the ride, the massage therapists, plus physical therapists were a godsend, plus the food was varied and good, and the music good too. In fact, this may be the best after ride support/party I've seen in some time. Huge kudos to them for this.

On the negative side, it rained the night before, and was misty foggy in the morning, making many of the rocks, and rocky climbs over the first 9 miles or so a real mess with too much hike-a-bike sections. I came into this fairly well prepared, and I was still pretty wiped out when it was over. I felt bad for the handful of riders who were behind me, still struggling out there somewhere, when I came into the finish. Two people apparently got lost when out on the course, with one finding his way back on, and another found by search and rescue. The course was well marked I felt, with thousands of flags, but at the same time, with how messy much of it was, I could see how this happened. Can't blame the organizers for the weather, and I have to admit, with over 3,000' of climbing over 27 miles, I'd rather have this than ride in a heat wave.

mtbr member
    Nice job! Hopefully I can swing it next year. I have a buddy who's sister is married to one of the sponsors. He said they host after ride events in their back yard. Sounds like a great time.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...