Rockland??- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rockland??

Parking Lot Poser

Rockland??

Howís the drainage at Rockland? Thinking of riding there Friday, my friend that invited me said we are doing the flowy side. Not mag 5 and the trails off of dead hill road, we rode that last time we were there.

Any thoughts??

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    pretty sure you cant ride there if its wet, i think they have a facebook page telling the status of the trails ie open or closed.

Parking Lot Poser
    Iím not on FB, but I googled and found their page. At least they had the decency to make it public.
    Having said that, would conditions be posted in the general feed??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmatty View Post
    Iím not on FB, but I googled and found their page. At least they had the decency to make it public.
    Having said that, would conditions be posted in the general feed??
    You won't find a more welcoming group as the Rockland folks. I've never ridden there, but I follow both the Rockland FB page and the Bikerag.net FB page and they are awesome people. They are quick to offer up guided tours for anyone who asks about the place and they have worked extremely hard to make the place great.

All that said, night riding and e-bikes are forbidden, and if you ride when it's wet, you'll wake up with a horse's head in your bed! I saw that there was a trail conditions report (through TrailHub) on the Madison page, but it doesn't seem to be up to date. The report for today says that everything is open, but after the rain we got in the last two days, there is no way that it's open. I sent a message to them to ask how somebody who isn't on FB would get trail conditions. I'll let you know when I hear back.
    AreBee

mtbr member
    I traded messages with the Rockland group. Their general rule is if they get 1" of rain, the trails need a day of sun before riding. With well over 3" dropped already, they ask that people give it a few days. Sorry man!
    AreBee

Parking Lot Poser
    Thx for the leg work Arebee!! That was a real solid man!

I bagged on the ride tomorrow anyway, but good to know. When I made plans yesterday I did not realize the rain was going to continue as it did. I just saw a sliver of blue sky out in the Manchester/Bolton area but, poof itís gone again....

mtbr member
    Thx for the leg work Arebee!! That was a real solid man!

I bagged on the ride tomorrow anyway, but good to know. When I made plans yesterday I did not realize the rain was going to continue as it did. I just saw a sliver of blue sky out in the Manchester/Bolton area but, poof itís gone again....
    No sweat Matty! The guy also said he was going to look into who in his group has access to TrailHub. Maybe that will help you going forward.

If you're in the Manchester/Bolton area, there's no place in CT dries as fast as Case!
    AreBee

Parking Lot Poser
    You know it!! Case is home turf for me, and Iím sure Iíll be there this weekend.

I looked up trailhub, the last update on most everything was June 9th...

mtbr member
    You know it!! Case is home turf for me, and Iím sure Iíll be there this weekend.

I looked up trailhub, the last update on most everything was June 9th...
    Pretty much my home base too. We are a group of 4-8 morons that usually rides on Sunday mornings. You might see us hoisting a few after our ride and maybe even sitting around a propane fire pit when it gets cold!
    AreBee