guru meditation

Moved to NW Rhode Island, trails?

Hello, former Masshole here. I just moved from Northbridge to Glocester RI, off of Rt 44. I still plan to ride my old haunts in the Blackstone Valley, any recommendations for NW RI & CT area? I did check out Quiet Corner NEMBA for a few ideas.

I noticed a few state forests off of 44 heading towards Putnam, such as George Washington Management Area, Quaddick State Park, etc. Not too sure what else is out that way? Anything particularly good for fat bike?

mtbr member
    Welcome to the area! Iím originally from north east Connecticut and Iím moving back there in a couple weeks after being away for a few years.
    Your closest area to Glocester is going to be West Thompson Dam. Itís a really fun place but only has a few trails, little bit of tech but nothing crazy.
    If you want more variety but with more climbs but a place that also has a lot of fun options with many trails check out Old Furnace State Park in Killingly. Thereí s been a lot of work done there recently.

guru meditation
    Quote Originally Posted by drj85 View Post
    Welcome to the area! Iím originally from north east Connecticut and Iím moving back there in a couple weeks after being away for a few years.
    Your closest area to Glocester is going to be West Thompson Dam. Itís a really fun place but only has a few trails, little bit of tech but nothing crazy.
    If you want more variety but with more climbs but a place that also has a lot of fun options with many trails check out Old Furnace State Park in Killingly. Thereí s been a lot of work done there recently.
    Awesome - thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Welcome! I currently live in Killingly, CT, but lived most of my life in Cranston / Warwick, RI. Definitely check out QC and RI Nemba.

Rhode Island (not just the NW)
    Big River, Arcadia, Lincoln Woods, Ryan Park, Bulingame, Woody Hills, 295 trails

There is also Diamond Hill but I have not ridden there. I believe those spots off or rt 44 are smaller, I have never been.

Eastern CT
    As DRJ85 mentioned...West Thompson Dam and Old Furnace. Also, Quninebaug River trail, Goodwin, Natchaug, Mansfield Hollow

A little further into CT....Rockland (a MUST ride), Bluff Point / Haley Farm

Others that I have not been to and are farther into CT would be Moween, Bigelow, Patchaug, Case Mt, Gay City and many others!

Nearby MA
    Douglas State Forest

Most of the spots that I have ridden will be within an hour of you (except Rockland, Bluff and maybe Burlingame)

It really depends what type of riding you want to do, how many miles you are looking for, and how far you want to drive to get there on a given day!

If you use Strava, you can check out the areas we ride on the "Moose Patrol Ride Crew" club.

guru meditation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicch95 View Post
    Welcome! I currently live in Killingly, CT, but lived most of my life in Cranston / Warwick, RI. Definitely check out QC and RI Nemba.

Rhode Island (not just the NW)
    Big River, Arcadia, Lincoln Woods, Ryan Park, Bulingame, Woody Hills, 295 trails

There is also Diamond Hill but I have not ridden there. I believe those spots off or rt 44 are smaller, I have never been.

Eastern CT
    As DRJ85 mentioned...West Thompson Dam and Old Furnace. Also, Quninebaug River trail, Goodwin, Natchaug, Mansfield Hollow

A little further into CT....Rockland (a MUST ride), Bluff Point / Haley Farm

Others that I have not been to and are farther into CT would be Moween, Bigelow, Patchaug, Case Mt, Gay City and many others!

Nearby MA
    Douglas State Forest

Most of the spots that I have ridden will be within an hour of you (except Rockland, Bluff and maybe Burlingame)

It really depends what type of riding you want to do, how many miles you are looking for, and how far you want to drive to get there on a given day!

If you use Strava, you can check out the areas we ride on the "Moose Patrol Ride Crew" club.
    Oh yea I totally forgot about Douglas, I learned to MTB there! That is right between my job and the house. Thanks for the tips!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by goingblankagain View Post
    Oh yea I totally forgot about Douglas, I learned to MTB there! That is right between my job and the house. Thanks for the tips!
    Rocks, rocks and more rocks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicch95 View Post
    Rocks, rocks and more rocks!
    Where even the rock gardens have rock gardens.