Connecticut/RI Beer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Connecticut/RI Beer

Trying to inject a little life in our local forum here.

What local brews are you drinking? What do you like? Are you taking advantage of curbside pick-up and/or delivery during the lock-down?

I took advantage of curbside pick-up at Tox Brewing in New London, CT. I've been drinking Fox Glove IPA, Hellbore Lager (helles style) and Mantis Table Beer (wit saisson). They do an amazing job with stouts and sours as well. They are very creative. I'm not a big sour fan, but tried their Key Lime Pie sour and it was crazy good! They used cinnamon and lactose to emulate pie crust and really nailed it.

I live in the greater Hartford area and grew up in the Northwest Corner and there is some exceptional beers being brewed up there.

Little Red Barn Brewers in Winsted, CT
    Brewery Legitimus in New Hartford, CT
    Norbrook Farm in Colebrook, CT
    Great Falls Brewing in Canaan, CT

Got some love for RI too! Although I have yet to visit, Grey Sail Brewing is a favorite. Flying Jenny and Captain's Daughter are always high on my list.
    AreBee

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I had a Violet's Demise from Bad Sons Brewery (Derby) the other night. I'm not a huge beer drinker, but I like a good sour and this one had some good fruit (blueberry) to it. Great name and logo as well.

https://untappd.com/b/bad-sons-beer-...demise/2863448

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trimess View Post
    I had a Violet's Demise from Bad Sons Brewery (Derby) the other night. I'm not a huge beer drinker, but I like a good sour and this one had some good fruit (blueberry) to it. Great name and logo as well.

https://untappd.com/b/bad-sons-beer-...demise/2863448
    I've only had Lupefied by Bad Sons and it was really good. They seem to get a lot of positive press on the CT Beer Drinkers Facebook page.
    AreBee

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Yeah, this was my first Bad Sons. We pass their brewery all the time on our way to New Haven. Hoping to stop in once this all passes. Apparently they have a cranberry gose named Veruca's Demise.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Try Veracious Brewery in Monroe. 29 Pews, Shortcut to Napis and time and half are all great IPAs. I also like Bad Sons.

mtbr member
    I'm in SE part of state and there's a lot of great local brews around. Many are only available on tap and I miss them dearly!
    - Willimantic Brewing Co...awesome place, great food and many different beers.
    - Fox Farm in Salem...never had a bad beer from them. Many places have their beers on tap but I have not seen them in stores.
    - Fat Orange Cat in East Hampton...They have 4 packs in local stores
    - Beer'd in Stonington...on tap and in local stores
    - Alvarium in New Britain...on tap
    - Epicure in Norwich...on tap
    - Outer Lights in Groton...on tap and in local stores
    - Of course...Two Roads in Stratford is available all over the place, and they also can Lawsons Sip of Sunshine (out of VT). One of the best and highest rated New England IPA's anywhere.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    I'm in SE part of state and there's a lot of great local brews around. Many are only available on tap and I miss them dearly!
    - Willimantic Brewing Co...awesome place, great food and many different beers.
    - Fox Farm in Salem...never had a bad beer from them. Many places have their beers on tap but I have not seen them in stores.
    - Fat Orange Cat in East Hampton...They have 4 packs in local stores
    - Beer'd in Stonington...on tap and in local stores
    - Alvarium in New Britain...on tap
    - Epicure in Norwich...on tap
    - Outer Lights in Groton...on tap and in local stores
    - Of course...Two Roads in Stratford is available all over the place, and they also can Lawsons Sip of Sunshine (out of VT). One of the best and highest rated New England IPA's anywhere.
    Oh, man! Willibrew! I always forget them because to me I think "restaurant" first. Their beer is phenomenal and has been for years!

Beer'd is great and so is Alavarium.

I still have yet to get out to Fox Farm and Fat Orange Cat.
    AreBee

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Tribus (milford) is supposed to be good, and Dockside (milford) just opened. Kent falls (Kent) is delicious but fancy and can be expensive. Housatonic river brewing company just started canning (new milford), but not sure where they distribute to yet. Charter Oak is out of Danbury now and I like their brown ale, haven't had much else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stonant View Post
    Tribus (milford) is supposed to be good, and Dockside (milford) just opened. Kent falls (Kent) is delicious but fancy and can be expensive. Housatonic river brewing company just started canning (new milford), but not sure where they distribute to yet. Charter Oak is out of Danbury now and I like their brown ale, haven't had much else.
    I've had a few Tribus NE IPAs and they've been really good. I think one was a collaboration with Lock City. I've had several Kent Falls brews and love Buddy Sprinkles Saves the Day. I want to get out there to the brewery, but their hours are very limited.
    AreBee