Beginner Trail- Mtbr.com

Thread: Beginner Trail

mtbr member

Smile Beginner Trail

hi guys i am new to mtb i just bought a new 07 jamis durango 2.0 hard tail and all the other stuff i need to go with it. i live in wallingford ct

can some one tell me a great beginner trail for me to ride. something in the woods. and nice to ride?

thanks
    Jason

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    it's not that close to you, but the West Hartford Reservoir has a great mix of climbs, rocks, roots, quick (short) downhills and some log piles. good place to learn.

Loser

Tyler Mills

Check out Tyler Mills - its right in Wallingford (or close by). There are some gnarly sections, but for the most part its pretty smooth singletrack. I think it would make a good place to practice and learn.

Look for maps at Bikerag.com.

John

mtbr member
    You might want to also check out Wadsworth Falls in Middletown - trails are kind of fire roady with a smidge of singletrack thrown in here and there. Plus its well marked, not that big and, well somewhat scenic ( there is a waterfall after all )

Maps, info and driving directions can be found here: http://www.crankfire.com/trails/trail.php?trailid=27

And here:

http://www.bikerag.com/bike_trail_maps_text_CT.htm
    Crankfire.com / New Englandish Mountain Biking Community

mtbr member
    Like has been suggested, Tyler Mill is a fun ride. Also, both West Rock and Brooksvale have easy terrain and are fairly close to you.
    I call for a mandate to allow only road bikes on trails to limit our speeds and increase our line picking skills-FB

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Tyler Mill is a great place to ride, I live in Durham and go there often, but go with someone who knows the place because its easy to get lost, and that takes the fun out when the sun start setting and you don't know where you are. Wadsworth is a good place to start, that where I started and the trails are decent. There are a few fun single-trackesque trails that I took a few friends out on when they were just starting.

Check out www.bikerag.com for a good list of trails with reviews.

GCM
    mtbr member
    As others has said Tyler Mill is a great place but stay far away during mud season.

I can also recommend Castle Craig in Meriden - its offers a variety of terrain from easy going fire-road to technical single track - again checkout Bikerag.com.
    88 Keys and only 10 fingers....

Jun 2007
    Hey, I'm in New Haven CT. Need a riding buddy?

I'm pretty new to MTB

-Avinash

Members who have read this thread: 0