XTR pedal problem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

XTR pedal problem

I've been riding XTR race pedals since December in rocky and technical woods. First pair was returned for warranty because one of the springs in the left pedal yielded, so that side of the pedal would no longer retain the cleat reliably, and I was blowing out way too easily. About 2 months into use of the replacement and the exact same thing is happening, the left pedal has one side that needs to be cranked up to full retention, and it's still softer than the other side of the pedal. Has anyone else suffered from this issue? For the record. I know I've gotten some pedal strikes against rocks, but i don't recall any particularly bad ones.
    Other than this problem I really like the pedals, dis/engagement is much more crisp than the Time pedals I used to ride. Lack of float is not an issue for me at all.

EAT MORE GRIME
    that's why everyone I know uses XT not XTR

XTR -was- the gold standard BITD, but nowadays, they haven't been as reliable as the next level down. clobbering can't kill my XT's
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

Elitest thrill junkie
    Maybe, I'm having the same issue on several sets of pedals and I hope it's just my cleats are worn. Includes XTRs and XTs, but it's at least 3 sets of shoes.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    I have the 9100 for a year now and so far no issues. I've smacked them a few times...everything seems to be ok. I also have the XT...and those have been beat to hell...still working. I'm ~140lbs before gear.