Vibration Absorbing Bars?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2019

Vibration Absorbing Bars?

Is there any mtb bars made with high absorption properties? I have seen the RevGrip grips but nothing for the handle bars. Any thoughts, insights or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eturf View Post
    Is there any mtb bars made with high absorption properties? I have seen the RevGrip grips but nothing for the handle bars. Any thoughts, insights or recommendations are appreciated. Thanks
    Look at Spank Vibrocore bars. Plenty of positive reviews too!

mtbr member
    Interestingly I went from alloy bars in the same width and diameter, to carbon, and I thought the carbon bars were more harsh. Perhaps they were much stiffer than the alloy ones, who knows, the general consensus at the time was that carbon would mute some trail buzz.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Interestingly I went from alloy bars in the same width and diameter, to carbon, and I thought the carbon bars were more harsh. Perhaps they were much stiffer than the alloy ones, who knows, the general consensus at the time was that carbon would mute some trail buzz.
    It depends how the carbon is laid up. Some are designed to be mega stiff, others to absorb trail chatter.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by hambocairns View Post
    It depends how the carbon is laid up. Some are designed to be mega stiff, others to absorb trail chatter.
    also you have the thicker 35mm version that would be or said to be, too stiff

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Outhouse View Post
    also you have the thicker 35mm version that would be or said to be, too stiff
    Lighter but usually stiffer. I definitely recommend researching a number of reviews.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have Spank Spike 800 Vibrocore bars. I do love them and they did make pretty big difference with preventing arm pump and hand pain on long downhills. You won't notice any difference on climbs and only a little on fast flat sections. They are stiff but the Vibrocore soaks up the vibrations that usually cause hand pain.

With that being said after I cut them down to 780 they did get a little bit stiffer just like any wide bar will when you cut them down. So if you cut them down to much they might get pretty harsh. Another thing to note is using push-on silicone grips will absorb drastically more vibration and impact compared to lock-on grips regardless of what handlebars you use. The plastic lining in lock on grips doesn't absorb anything and the rubber is way to thin.

I do still highly recommend Vibrocore bars. You get the vibration damping of carbon but they'll survive a crash better. Vibrocore bars and silicone push-on grips are the way to go in my opinion.

Edit: Definitely stick with 31.8 if you want some compliance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Grips are a quick and easy change that can really help. ESI silicon or similar may help. For bars, some carbon will damp vibration. Some won’t. Depends on the bar. Titanium can also damp vibration but is usually the most expensive option. If they still make them, Seven has a good price Ti bar in whatever configuration you want.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I'm getting some DMR Brendog Death Grips in a soft compound. Apparently they're excellent grips and filter a lot of vibration too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I went full on and got the revgrips, and I have been quite pleased thusfar.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Oneup carbon bar. Strong, lightweight & vertically compliant.
    https://www.oneupcomponents.com/products/carbon-bar
    Sold out. Get on the list.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I switched to running a Spank Vibrocore a couple years ago and definitely felt a difference over my old alloy bars. Then I added in some Wolftooth Fat Paw grips and have really liked the combination. Helped with hand and wrist numbness quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eturf View Post
    Maybe look into the faast flexx bars.

https://nsmb.com/articles/the-12-fas...ion-handlebar/

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I just put a pair of the oneup bars on for this reason and they feel wonderful! good price point too

#pedalmasher
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Maybe look into the faast flexx bars.

https://nsmb.com/articles/the-12-fas...ion-handlebar/

Ive been using a pair of flexx bars for over a year, really impressed.

Also XCgear is coming out with a stem called the HAMMERHEAD. 360° of isolation, very clever.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have the Spank Spike 800 Vibrocore bars for 2 years and really like them. Does anyone know if the absorbing power dissipate over time? Foam hardens? Lately my hands are falling alseep. I do not think it i the bars but ME.

I also changed out my ergon grips for new ones. I did notice the new grips are much softer than my new ones which I think were too soft for the numbness issue.

Oh, So Interesting!
    I was getting some inflamed joints in my fingers, OneUp carbon bar + RevGrips solved the problem.

Foam grips work well too, but don't last long enough on my bike.

If this didn't work I was going to try the Faast bars.