Thoughts on the new Reverb coming out- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Thoughts on the new Reverb coming out

So I am shopping for a new dropper. I have a 170 and I need a 150.
    I have a brand new Reverb (not the one with the valve to remove slop).

I have one ride on it, and have zero issues with it. Obviously when thinking of replacing with a different brand, i came here to research and see nothing but hate for the Reverb.

Any thoughts on this new one coming out?

I was considering that post, or the new OneUp v2 post.

The bikeyoke is just too expensive.

mtbr member
    oneup v1 had several issues as well, not sure how the new one v2 is I haven't followed the thread. if you need to replace your dropper honestly save some money and get a revive, that's the gold standard right now! other than that I'd go fox transfer.

if you want something less expensive look into PNW components options.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post

The bikeyoke is just too expensive.
    Yeah, sometimes I think that, then I remember how other posts failed and the money I spent on them...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    odd, do the Revive's really only come in 185, 160, and 125?

I need a 150 (and like to have it slammed down)

mtbr member
    Out of curiosity, why are you going away from the 170 if you like to have it slammed down?

If you're looking in the $200 range I'm confident OneUp is the only option that isn't a rebranded catalog post.

We use a proven cartridge manufacturer but the cartridge length and valving are our own design. That combined with our patent pending drop clamp head, compact actuator and shim designs is why our V2 total length (including actuator) is 20-80mm shorter than any other post on the market with the same drop length. No one can fit a longer drop post on your bike period.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by OneUp View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are you going away from the 170 if you like to have it slammed down?

If you're looking in the $200 range I'm confident OneUp is the only option that isn't a rebranded catalog post.

We use a proven cartridge manufacturer but the cartridge length and valving are our own design. That combined with our patent pending drop clamp head, compact actuator and shim designs is why our V2 total length (including actuator) is 20-80mm shorter than any other post on the market with the same drop length. No one can fit a longer drop post on your bike period.
    Oneup, do you have any 170ml's in 30.9 available for those of us in the states right now?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

The 170 is too tall for me. the 150 is the right size.
    I ahve the 170 slammed right now, just to get close to the right height, but I find that I like being able to push the seat all the way down when needed, so a 150 slammed, on my bike, for my preference, is perfect.

In either case, the 170 is just too tall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyFatStax View Post
    Oneup, do you have any 170ml's in 30.9 available for those of us in the states right now?
    Yup, V1 170mm and V2 180mm are the same total length and both are in stock in the US.

V1 - https://www.oneupcomponents.com/coll...=8124931866721

V2 - https://www.oneupcomponents.com/coll...19543530930273

mtbr member
    odd, do the Revive's really only come in 185, 160, and 125?

revive 160 will be like any other 150 post, they are shorter total height compared to others except the oneup like said here

mtbr member
    The 170 is too tall for me. the 150 is the right size.
    I ahve the 170 slammed right now, just to get close to the right height, but I find that I like being able to push the seat all the way down when needed, so a 150 slammed, on my bike, for my preference, is perfect.

In either case, the 170 is just too tall.
    I assume that by 'I have the 170 slammed right now' you mean that the mid collar of your 170 reverb is all the way at the seat clamp. If so, our V2 180mm is 22mm shorter in this dimension than your current Reverb 170mm and 2mm shorter than the same generation 150mm reverb.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I assume that by 'I have the 170 slammed right now' you mean that the mid collar of your 170 reverb is all the way at the seat clamp. If so, our V2 180mm is 22mm shorter in this dimension than your current Reverb 170mm and 2mm shorter than the same generation 150mm reverb.
    I looked at the 180, but it can only be sized down 160.
    Which is why I was considering another reverb at 150, or the oneup 150.

mtbr member
    I looked at the 180, but it can only be sized down 160.
    Which is why I was considering another reverb at 150, or the OneUp 150.
    What I mean is that if you look at 'B' in the chart below (which I assume is your limiting factor since your 170mm reverb was slammed). A OneUp 180mm V2 has the same stack as a 150mm reverb (actually 2mm lower - 213mm vs. 215mm). When extended, the 150mm reverb and 180mm Oneup will have the same saddle height for climbing but when dropped, the saddle on the OneUp 180mm post will be 30mm lower.

Thoughts on the new Reverb coming out-drop_chart_grande.jpg

A 150mm OneUp will certainly work too but if you want the saddle low when descending you can fit the 180mm and still lower your current climbing height by up to 22mm.

I hope that dropper length witchcraft makes sense...

Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    What I mean is that if you look at 'B' in the chart below (which I assume is your limiting factor since your 170mm reverb was slammed). A OneUp 180mm V2 has the same stack as a 150mm reverb (actually 2mm lower - 213mm vs. 215mm). When extended, the 150mm reverb and 180mm Oneup will have the same saddle height for climbing but when dropped, the saddle on the OneUp 180mm post will be 30mm lower.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drop_chart_grande.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	1263615

A 150mm OneUp will certainly work too but if you want the saddle low when descending you can fit the 180mm and still lower your current climbing height by up to 22mm.

I hope that dropper length witchcraft makes sense...

Jon @ OneUp
    Maybe I am not following, but if I went with the 180mm, I can lower it by 22mm to 158, but that still puts me over 150mm, which is where I need to be.

The other concern I have is the insertion of the 180mm in the Evil Offering size large. On our forum a few folks tried the 180mm and it was a tad long.

Just so I can get clear on this...
    here is a pic of my bike with the 170mm all the way down.
    I did some measuring with a mm ruler. If I can get this thing down to 150, it would be perfect. But leave the setup as is, meaning, having the post slammed all the way down, just like my 170 is in this pic.

Thoughts on the new Reverb coming out-seat-slammed.jpg

mtbr member
    It is a bit counter-intuitive but let me try to explain.

Maybe I am not following, but if I went with the 180mm, I can lower it by 22mm to 158, but that still puts me over 150mm, which is where I need to be.
    The 'collar to rail' distance on a dropper is from the under side of the mid collar to the saddle rail. Assuming you can fit the entire length of the lower post into your bike, this is the lowest that your saddle can be to your frame when fully extended.

170mm Reverb B = ~235mm
    150mm Reverb B = ~215mm
    180mm OneUp V2= 213mm
    150mm OneUp V2= 183mm

Your 170mm reverb is slammed in the frame so your saddle rails are 235mm above your frame. If you install a 180mm OneUp V2 at the same saddle height there will be 22mm of lower tube exposed between the mid collar and the frame. To lower your saddle height, you can slide the 180mm V2 post 22mm further into the frame. Your 180mm V2 extended saddle height is now the same as a Reverb 150mm.

The other concern I have is the insertion of the 180mm in the Evil Offering size large. On our forum a few folks tried the 180mm and it was a tad long.
    The total length of the 180mm V2 is shorter than your 170mm reverb by ~20mm. If you can fit the 170mm reverb inside your Offering you can fit the 180mm V2.

Does that make sense?

Jon @ OneUp

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    It is a bit counter-intuitive but let me try to explain.

The 'collar to rail' distance on a dropper is from the under side of the mid collar to the saddle rail. Assuming you can fit the entire length of the lower post into your bike, this is the lowest that your saddle can be to your frame when fully extended.

170mm Reverb B = ~235mm
    150mm Reverb B = ~215mm
    180mm OneUp V2= 213mm
    150mm OneUp V2= 183mm

Your 170mm reverb is slammed in the frame so your saddle rails are 235mm above your frame. If you install a 180mm OneUp V2 at the same saddle height there will be 22mm of lower tube exposed between the mid collar and the frame. To lower your saddle height, you can slide the 180mm V2 post 22mm further into the frame. Your 180mm V2 extended saddle height is now the same as a Reverb 150mm.

The total length of the 180mm V2 is shorter than your 170mm reverb by ~20mm. If you can fit the 170mm reverb inside your Offering you can fit the 180mm V2.

Does that make sense?

Jon @ OneUp
    AH! That did it! Math is hard, LOL.

Thanks!

Going to look into pricing on some OneUps v2. More than likely, this is the way I am going.
    Going to have to get it before my bike trip coming up, as I can't stand having to adjust that 170mm mid ride each time I use it.

Thanks so much for the help!!

Rocks belong
    180mm OneUp V2= 213mm
    150mm OneUp V2= 183mm
    That is impressive on the OneUp V2 droppers.

My 160mm Crank Brothers Highline = 207mm (the 170mm CB Highline = 217mm)

The OneUp V2 is 13mm "shorter" than my Highline (which was one of the shortest available when I bought it)
    I like 'em long, low, slack and playful

mtbr member
    I had a couple of Reverbs with no issues. The B1s have been pretty good. (I do think the hydro remote is kinda silly.) They've improved them as they went along so the new is probably better yet. I'd get one if I was in the market. Not sure I could make a case for it vs other options. 125 or 150 of drop works for me, so long drops is not a factor.
    Do the math.