is there a specially designed thru axle which allows user final flip lever alignment- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

is there a specially designed thru axle which allows user final flip lever alignment

Is there a specially designed thru axle which allows final flip lever alignment by the user? By the time I get my thru axle fully screwed in and tightened, the flip lever is not usually perfectly aligned with the fork when I flip the handle up. So I usually need to loosen the thru axle slightly so I can get the flip lever to line up with the fork when I flip it up. Do you know if there's a specially designed thru axle which will allow me to screw in the thru axle at full tightness while at the same time giving me the ability to do a final custom alignment with the flip lever?

mtbr member
    Search, "how to clock a thru axle." Or something like that. Shuold get you the results you are after.

mtbr member
    what fork do you have? I don't know of any fork made in the last at least 10 years that don't have the feature you're asking for - it was the days of 26" wheels and 20mm axles when you were stuck with wherever the lever ended up.

Different forks accomplish this in different ways, but they pretty much all allow you to put the lever wherever you want.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Fox has an adjustment you probably need to make. RockShox has a free spinning lever.

Probably look up your fork online to determine how to achieve what you are after.
    My only experiences are with a current Fox Rhythm and a couple year old RockShox Revelation.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I just gave up on that and went with an axle without lever. The lever is redundant if you carry an allen 6mm with you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    What fork brand/model do you have?

All thru axles and/or forks allows you to clock the handle to get it out of the way.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Ditto above. I havenít had the issue you are having. All the thru axles I have used allow you to position the lever wherever you want without affecting the tightness of the axle.

Formerly of Kent
    DT Swiss.
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Depending on the brand, there are various methods to do this. You either move the lever on the axle, or move the nut in the fork leg or frame to position lever. In the former, some levers can be pulled to disengage from the axle and rotated the desired position. In some others, a screw under the lever is loosened enough to allow the lever to disengage from the axle and rotate independently.

Some have an independent means of adjusting lever tension. In Rockshox's case, it's done by an allen bolt accessible through the slot in in the lever.
    Do the math.

EAT MORE GRIME
    not enough information

front or rear ?

boost, boost plus, what ?

bike and type of dropout (fork [make/model/version] dropout) or rear dropout ?
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I have a RS Pike from about 2 years ago and this "Maxle" thru axle from about 5 years ago:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9plti1cgoy...5__01.jpg?dl=0

Maybe the old Maxles don't support that capability? I'll take a look at the DT Swiss options based on Le Duke's feedback above

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    DT Swiss seems to specifically advertise the functionality that I'm looking for:

"For tightening, the lever can be lifted and rotated as required by the fork/drop outs. After tightening, the lever can be positioned in any position desired."

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/technolog...ws-technology/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by titus View Post
    DT Swiss seems to specifically advertise the functionality that I'm looking for:

"For tightening, the lever can be lifted and rotated as required by the fork/drop outs. After tightening, the lever can be positioned in any position desired."

https://www.dtswiss.com/en/technolog...ws-technology/
    Why spend money when you don't need to? As others have stated all you need to do is search "How to clock a Maxle"
    I did this this and here is the result.

Change begins by doing something different.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I have one Rockshox maxle out of the 3 in my collection that can't be clocked. I'm not sure if it's somehow faulty or just without the feature but it's probable that OP has the same issue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    I have one Rockshox maxle out of the 3 in my collection that can't be clocked. I'm not sure if it's somehow faulty or just without the feature but it's probable that OP has the same issue.
    A silly question, what about the nut on the fork? Can't it be clocked either?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fmendes View Post
    A silly question, what about the nut on the fork? Can't it be clocked either?
    Rockshox forks use a threadsert, not a nut--hence the clocking ability of the Maxle-lights/ultimates.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by wschruba View Post
    Rockshox forks use a threadsert, not a nut--hence the clocking ability of the Maxle-lights/ultimates.
    And this?
    https://youtu.be/xH54fozbo4I

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk