STFU Chain Silencer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2020

We the people ... STFU Chain Silencer

I hate chain slap. On my bike i had mastic tape on the chainstay and created like little ridges with it. But recently i cracked my frame so im currently waiting for a new one. In the recent months i have seen a lot of people ride the STFU chain device and i was kind of thinking about puting it on my new frame instead of the mastic tape, but i dont know if its any good. It promises to get rid of chain slap and limit the chain movement from side to side which should increase the longevity of the chain, but i really just care about the noise reduction. Is anybody on here actually riding this thing ? Does it help with chain slap ? Please let me know
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails STFU Chain Silencer-stfu-chain-damper_anti-chain-slap-silent-technology-mountain-bike-drivetrain-damping-system.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Yes, it helps. Basically a single, quieter thud vs the classic repetitive slapping chain sound. I donít like the cable tie installation (looks cheesy). Iíve never seen a more effective solution, so Iím happy.