SDG Tellis Dropper- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2014

SDG Tellis Dropper

Hey,

I noticed on the Vital MTB video for the new Gorilla Gravity Gnarvana that they mentioned the SDG dropper that came on the bike had a rattle and was very noisy (you could hear it in the video).

I'm wondering has anyone else has had this problem? I have one on the way...

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi Shinkers,

Iím with SDG so wanted to reach out on this. Itís unfortunate that happened on their test bike, but itís an issue that has been amended at the factory. Itís a minor QC issue which while annoying, is a super which is a quick and easy fix. The issue on the test bike was either the grub screw or the lock not that hold the cartridge in place were loose. Weíve increased the size of the grub screw to increase the torque on the cartridge and have changed QC practices to make sure thereís enough torque on the lock nut. Either issue is extremely easy to fix, but regardless you shouldnít have any issues as we rarely hear of this issue since we made the changes mentioned above. If you have any issues or questions once you get your post, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we can help out ASAP.

Wanna ride bikes?
    I've had the Tellis dropper on my fatbike for 2 seasons now and it's been rock solid. Good dropper.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Zero issues with mine.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Awesome guys, thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AmCan View Post
    Hi Shinkers,

Iím with SDG so wanted to reach out on this. Itís unfortunate that happened on their test bike, but itís an issue that has been amended at the factory. Itís a minor QC issue which while annoying, is a super which is a quick and easy fix. The issue on the test bike was either the grub screw or the lock not that hold the cartridge in place were loose. Weíve increased the size of the grub screw to increase the torque on the cartridge and have changed QC practices to make sure thereís enough torque on the lock nut. Either issue is extremely easy to fix, but regardless you shouldnít have any issues as we rarely hear of this issue since we made the changes mentioned above. If you have any issues or questions once you get your post, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we can help out ASAP.
    Subscribed.....